CLXIV

"Fuck, I'm so sorry I dragged you into this, Eddy." Brett said softly when at last his breath was pretty much back to normal. They were still sitting the way they had been for ages; Brett leaning back in the recliner, Eddy on the green foot stool next to him with his hand on Brett's stomach. 
"Don't be silly, you know that's fine. I'm just glad you called me."
To Eddy's mind, there was only one thing worse than Brett feeling like this, and that was Brett feeling like this on his own. 
"Do you want to play some games or something?"
Brett nodded and drew in a shaky breath. Eddy could feel his belly muscles tensing as he sat up and put his feet back on the floor.
"Will... will you stay with me until the audition?" he said, very softly. 
Eddy almost rolled his eyes. "Of course I will, what do you think. I'll be there the whole time."

Brett's mum was more than a little surprised when she got up and found Eddy already there, sitting on the foot stool in her living room, but by that point Brett was calm enough to have a normal conversation and he got away with simply telling her that he had been very nervous and had asked Eddy to come already. So she shrugged and nodded and went into the kitchen to make breakfast, while the boys walked up the stairs to Brett's room. 

"So, games?" Eddy asked in a pianissimo voice as he closed Brett's door softly behind him. The rest of Brett's family was still fast asleep. But as he turned to walk towards the desk Brett was suddenly very, very close to him, and there was this gleam in his eye that made Eddy freeze against the door. Then Brett's hand went up, and he stroked Eddy's hair, ever so slowly, ever so gently. 
"Maybe a little bit of something else, first?" he whispered in Eddy's ear. He kissed him, feather light, in the soft spot under his ear, and he lips were incandescent as he trailed soft kisses all down Eddy's jaw. 
"F...fuck....."  Eddy breathed as fire coursed through him hard. Oh man. Was this smart? Very likely not, but he was suddenly too far gone to care. Brett needed this, and now so did he, so he closed his arms around Brett, pulled him firmly against himself, and then he kissed him for real. Brett's breath was speeding up again now, but this time they didn't need any counting, and everything around them vanished for a long time. 

They were still close, so very close together, standing against the door to stop it opening, when there was a soft knock on the wood right by his ear. 
"Are you awake? There is breakfast."  Brett's mum called from the landing. Brett reacted with lightning speed, jumped back ever so quietly and sat down on his bed. 
"Thanks, mum. Yeah, we're awake. We'll be down in a second." he called back in an impressively normal voice. 
Eddy just blinked at him, frozen solid against the door, holding his breath so Brett's mum wouldn't hear him there, his head completely overcome by events and his legs all wobbly.
Fuck! What if she tried to open the door? No way she'd miss what had just been going on. He could feel how heated his face was still, how swollen his lips from Brett's kisses. What would he do? What would happen next? But then, after a few seconds that seemed like hours, he heard Brett's mum's footsteps falling further down the hall to Brett's little brother's room, and then briskly back down the stairs. 
He sagged a little and exhaled audibly. 
"Jesus, that was close." he said. Brett nodded, but he was grinning broadly as he got back up off the bed and sauntered over to kiss Eddy one more time, sweetly on the lips, lingering for just a moment. 
"Yeah." he said then, very quietly. "But we're okay. Thank you, Eddy, for real. You're the best medication a guy could ask for."
Eddy blinked again as they straightened themselves out and then he followed Brett meekly down the stairs, his wits still thoroughly scattered all over Brett's bedroom. 

It was both the weirdest and the most exhilarating thing ever, to sit down at the breakfast table in the Yang house like nothing at all had just been going on between them. Brett was still a little flushed, Eddy could clearly see that, but surely his mum would just attribute that to his upcoming audition?
Meanwhile, Brett was tucking into his breakfast quite happily, and Eddy smiled fondly. 
His love had gone from feeling like he might throw up at any moment, to eating his eggs with gusto. 
Well. He seemed to have done something right on the boyfriend front this morning so far, at the very least. And he allowed himself a deep, cleansing breath and a small victorious smile. 

A/N. Hi guys! Another little note from me: Perception, my other novel, is actually complete and done! If you want to read how it ends, feel free to go over to https://www.wattpad.com/868487752-perception  and let me know what you think! <3