L

He must have fallen asleep eventually, because Eddy's small travel alarm clock woke them both up right before time to have breakfast would run out. 
Eddy groaned softly.
¨Man, I'm gonna need to sleep for two weeks when I get home at this rate.¨
Brett chuckled. ¨I know, right?¨
Slowly the images of last night flooded back into Eddy's head as he woke up.
Oh my God. That had actually happened. He'd kissed him! He'd kissed him, and it had been the best thing ever. 
He was a little bit unsure what to do now, though. What did you say to the guy you'd kissed like that, the morning after? He sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. Brett was making his way into the bathroom already, so he'd have a moment to compose himself. 
Dressed. Yes, getting dressed would be a good first step. He jumped out of bed and quickly slipped into some jeans and a t-shirt. 
As soon as he saw Brett coming back out of the bathroom he knew that he felt it too. Brett was looking... well, he was looking coy. Wow. 
¨Erm, er, did you sleep okay?¨ he tried. 
¨Yeah, you?¨ Brett said in a soft voice, as he made his way to his suitcase to get some clean clothes. 
Eddy turned around, pretending to mess with his violin case, to give him the space to get dressed. He wanted to go to the bathroom too, but then he'd have to walk past Brett, who was changing, so he waited. 
¨Eddy?¨ Brett's hesitant voice came, and he turned around just as Brett was pulling the t-shirt down over his belly. 
¨Yeah?¨
¨You... you're not sorry, are you, for what we did last night?¨
Eddy's eyes opened wide and his jaw dropped.
¨What? No! Brett, God no, absolutely not.¨ He walked over to Brett and put his hands on his shoulders.
¨Brett, that was the best thing ever. Don't ever doubt that. I just... I just don't really know what to say now.¨
Brett smiled and looked up at him through his eyelashes.
¨You could call me Bretty again?¨
¨You like when I call you that?¨ Eddy said, his voice very soft.
Brett nodded, looking coy again. Eddy felt the smile spreading over his face.
Brett likes it when I call him Bretty.
¨Well, I'm glad. I had the best time last night, Bretty.¨
Unexpectedly Brett pulled him into a hug, and Eddy relaxed into the touch for a moment, before Brett   let him go and picked up his stuff. 
¨We'll have to hurry if we're gonna get any food.¨
Eddy laughed. ¨Yeah, I do need to pee though.¨
¨Okay, you do that, I'll go grab us both some food then, see you in a sec.¨

They were all sat at the table still when Eddy rushed into the cafeteria. 
¨So, good afternoon!¨ Todd said with a smirk.
¨Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not a morning person.¨ Eddy replied, sitting down next to Brett and starting on his bowl of cereal. He looked up to see Todd staring at the both of them curiously, looking away as if he'd been caught.
Huh? What was that all about? 
He shrugged, wolfed down his cereal and then he followed the others to the auditorium.
Brett was chatting to Lizzy in front of him, and he fell into step with Todd.
¨Are you okay, Eddy?¨ Todd asked him suddenly. ¨You look... well, you look different.¨
Fuck.
He knew it was happening, but he just couldn't stop it. His cheeks burned as the heat rose, and he knew he must look like a tomato by now. 
Todd stopped him and looked at him kindly. 
¨So... progress, then?¨
Eddy breathed deeply, trying to get his cheeks to go back to their normal colour. Then he grinned. Oh well, Todd might as well know. It's not like he was going to tell anyone, was it?
¨Yeah. Progress. But other than that, no comment for now, okay?¨
Todd smiled broadly.
¨Cool.¨