LXXXII

It was the most natural thing in the world, waking up in Brett's arms. At some point in the night he must have put his head on the pillow - for which his neck would probably thank him later - because he was no longer lying on the little crook of Brett's shoulder. It was okay though, because like this he could stare unabashedly at his... his boyfriend?
The word came into his brain like a flash of lightning. Oh my God, was that what he could call him, now? The thought brought on an instant new round of butterflies.

Boyfriend. 

The topic of his thoughts lay just there by his side, sleeping still with his dark hair spread over the pillow, his eyes softly closed, his breathing slow and soft. Eddy shot a quick glance at the clock: it was about time to wake up anyway. So he lifted his head and softly kissed Brett's cheeks, his nose, his chin. 
Brett grunted in that cute way he had when he woke up, and when he opened his eyes to look at him, the way he did took Eddy's breath away. It was the sweetest, most precious, awesomest gaze in the world.
"Good morning, my love." Brett whispered, and he pulled him closer to kiss him for real. 
They didn't say anything for a while then, their mouths moulding together as easily as if they were two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, and when he pulled away Eddy was breathless and his body was on fire again. 
"Good  morning, Bretty." he whispered back. He thought for a second about whether he would broach it, but his brain was a mush from the kissing, so his mouth took over and he blurted it out unceremoniously. 
"Are you my boyfriend?"
Brett opened his eyes wide for just a second, and then his sweet smile widened. He swallowed, his eyes, those deadpan eyes that Eddy could read probably better than anyone, suddenly full of emotion. 
"Eddy, I would love to be your boyfriend."
Oh, to hear those words! Those soft words that he had hoped for so deeply, but somehow hadn't believed someone as perfect as Brett would ever, ever utter to him.
Within a second Eddy's grin was broader than ever and then he leaned forward to kiss him again. 

"We should remember yesterday's date." Brett remarked casually as they were getting dressed, side by side as if they'd always done it like that. "I guess it will be our anniversary, right?"
Eddy froze with one leg in his trousers and then he actually giggled, the sound bubbling up from somewhere deep within him and coming up through his lips; those lips that were still soft and inflated from the kisses. But the thing that surprised him wasn't so much the giggling itself: it was that he didn't even care that he giggled. Because right now he didn't feel there was anything he'd have to hide from his boyfriend. 
After all this time, there were really together and he could be all of himself. 
Before he knew it Brett giggled too and they stood there for a long moment, staring at each other like a couple of school girls. 
"I like the sound of that. Our anniversary." Eddy said then. 
"I like the sound of that too, my love." 
But then Brett sighed deeply, and a wry smile crossed his face.  
"We do have to get our act together though, Eddy. Ian knowing about us is fine, but I'm guessing we don't want the whole orchestra to find out, hey?"
Eddy grinned. "Nah, you're right. Probably not a good idea."
Brett pulled him close suddenly. 
"In an ideal world I'd scream it from the rooftops though, you know that right? I'd want everyone to know that you're finally mine."
Eddy nodded against his cheek. 
"I know. But it's enough that we know."
"Yeah. It's enough for now."