CXXXIV

It was quite simply the best night's sleep he'd had since they'd come back from Perth. He had closed his eyes, put his head on Brett's chest where it belonged, and it wasn't until eleven he opened them again. Brett was still asleep, but he woke up the second Eddy stirred. 
"Hi." he said softly. 
"Hi yourself." 
Oh, he did love that Cheshire cat smile that Brett showed in these situations, a smile that he was pretty sure was reserved just for him. 
"So, do you reckon anyone's awake yet?" Brett asked, and Eddy didn't miss that slight undertone breaking through in his voice. That little undertone seriously did things to him. 
"Erm, I don't think so, I haven't heard any sounds yet or anything."
"Good." Brett responded, and then he linked his leg through Eddy's and gave him the sweetest, softest, longest kiss. 

It took them a long time to speak again after that, and when they eventually did Eddy was so happy he felt like he might burst with it. It wasn't that he didn't know, somewhere deep down, that he'd have to go home this afternoon, that it would be business as usual again tomorrow, that he'd be spending the next night alone in his own bed... but he wasn't going to think about any of that until it happened. Plus, hadn't Lily said that she was going to try her best to make this happen again? By now it was more clear to him than ever before that Lily wasn't the kind of person who was easily denied what she wanted. So he had ample confidence that this wouldn't be the last weekend they'd spend here. 
"Well. We should probably head downstairs, hey?" 
Eddy nodded. "Yeah. But just for the record, I could quite easily stay here all day."
"Yeah, me too."

Eddy stole some quick glances at his boyfriend as they got dressed side by side. Brett's strong, supple legs, his soft, slightly squishy belly turning into the curve of his pecs, his long, slight arms with the nimble hands at the end.... it was perfection. He loved it all. 
Brett smiled coyly, and Eddy knew he was busted. 
"Sorry." he said. "Just... it's a great view."
A slight frown crossed Brett's face. "Really?"
Eddy found himself closing the distance between them before he knew it and putting his hands on either side of Brett's chin, cupping it, raising it slightly so Brett would look at him. 
"What do you mean, 'really'? Of course really!"
Brett was quiet, suddenly, and Eddy's heart started racing. What the fuck was wrong, here? Had he done something, said something? 
"Bretty, what's up?"
Then Brett smiled sweetly, his eyes slightly hooded. 
"Nothing, my love. Nothing at all. It's just... you're so gorgeous. I hope I don't pale in comparison."
What? Eddy shook his head in amazement. 
"Bretty, you're perfect in every way. Just see how I've reacted to you, huh?"
Now Brett smiled for real, and Eddy knew exactly what he was thinking about. Wonderful memories of last night and this morning were flooding his own head at the same time. 
"That's true."
"Plus, I'm gangly and skinny. What do you mean, I'm gorgeous?" 
Brett pulled back slightly, an unreadable look in his eyes. It took him a long time to answer. 
"So, hm. So what you're trying to say is we're both being silly?"
"Erm, I guess? I do hope I've never given you any reason to feel insecure?"
He held his breath for the answer, but Brett reacted instantly, pulling him closer.
"No, my lovely Eddy, you absolutely haven't. And for the record: you are gorgeous. You'll just have to take my word for that, okay?"

They heard the sound at the same time. Footsteps were coming down the hall and going downstairs. 
"I guess people are up. We should probably get down there."
Brett nodded. "Yeah. Just give me one more kiss to last the morning, hey?"