LII

Eddy didn't reply, he just pulled Brett down by his t-shirt, getting him to sit next to him on the bed, putting his hand on Brett's right thigh. He gazed into Brett's deep brown eyes, wanting to prolong this sweet, sweet moment of expectation, of knowing what was about to come, their heads so close together that their breaths were mingling softly. His body was humming with the expectation as Brett looked at him with the softest, sweetest eyes, with just a hint of fire to them. They held like that until, finding their rhythm together perfectly, they moved together to close the slightest of distances, and let their lips touch once more. 
Eddy couldn't help the little groan that escaped him as the feelings crashed through his body. His memories had not done it justice: nothing could ever, ever be as good as this. 
They kissed softly, exploring each other, their mouths fitting together like soft-click puzzle pieces. Then, in an extraordinary surge of bravery, Eddy opened his mouth a bit further and hesitantly licked Brett's soft lip. 
Now it was Brett who made the sound as he opened his mouth too and before Eddy knew it their tongues were dancing a slow, sensual dance together. 
As far as Eddy was concerned it could have lasted forever, this kissing, this heavenly kissing, and when it finally did stop they held each other so tight that it was hard to know where he ended and Brett began. 
¨Bretty...¨ Eddy breathed, and Brett nuzzled his cheek to Eddy's, and they sat there for the longest time. 
But when Brett finally did let go and looked up at him, there was pain in his eyes.
¨Brett! What's wrong?¨ Eddy said in alarm. 
Brett was quiet for a moment.
¨Tell me, please, you're freaking me out!¨
Brett sighed and started talking.
¨Nothing's wrong now, Eddy, everything is as perfect as it could possibly be. It's just... sometimes reality crashes in. We're going home in two days. We'll have to stop doing this then, right? I can't tell you how sad that makes me.¨
Fuck. 
Brett had just said the words... the words he'd been trying to avoid even thinking about. He nodded, because he understood him completely.
¨I know. You're right, we'll have to stop. I've been trying not to think about it, but you're right, and if there were any other way, believe me, I'd find it. But it's just...¨
He paused for a second, trying to find the right words. Brett looked up at him, his eyes soft but sad, waiting for his thoughts.
¨It just... Brett, if we'd do this at home and we'd get found out I'd... well, I'd never be allowed to see you again, and that would just kill me.¨
¨I know. Fuck, Eddy, this sucks so much!¨
Eddy had never heard him raise his voice this high. 
¨I know it does, Bretty. But... but we'll make it work. It's only temporary, right?¨
Brett smiled at him.
¨Thank you for trying to make me feel better, when I know full well you feel the same.¨
Eddy grinned.
¨Maybe I'm trying to convince myself too.¨
Brett leaned his forehead against Eddy's, wrapping his arms tighter around him again.
¨Together, we'll make it work. Yeah?¨
Eddy nodded.
¨Yeah.¨
¨We should just try not to think about it and enjoy the next two days, huh?¨
Eddy nodded again.
¨Yeah. We should do that. We'll do that.¨
He couldn't think of a better way to make it all better than to bend forward and touch his lips to Brett's again, and they sat there for the whole rest of the night, kissing and holding each other, talking softly about everything and anything, and it was heaven. 
Just, heaven.