LXVI

It was a restless night for Eddy, made so much more so by the knowledge that it was the last night in a week he'd be spending alone. Tomorrow night he'd be sleeping in the same room as Brett again and Brett would be right there in the other bed, so close to him that he could just reach out and touch him. He was looking forward to the coming week so much he could almost taste the joy he'd feel, and he tossed and turned half the night thinking about it. 
Fantastic way to start the week, mate. He told himself, rolling his eyes in the dark at his own stupidity. Don't sleep, why don't you, and turn up tired to a week where you likely won't get much sleep. Genius. 

In the end he must have fallen asleep though, because it was eleven by the time he opened his eyes. He jumped out of bed and scrambled to put his clothes on. 
Thank God he'd slept so long! Not only was he feeling marginally more awake for it, but also... there was only 2 hours to go now. Just two hours before they would drive to the airport and the perfect week would start.
He unzipped his case to get his toothbrush out, brushed his teeth and then put it back again, feeling stupid the whole time, and then he went downstairs to eat. 

Even though it was only two hours, waiting was hard. He tapped his foot, he tried to do some homework, he paced... In the end he put himself behind the piano, trying to calm himself down with a Chopin walz, which worked better than the other things. But really all he wanted was to get out of here! 
So for once he was glad when his mum told him way too early that it was time to go. He smiled, picked up his bags quickly, double checking that he had his violin this time, and followed her out to the car. 

¨Thanks for taking me to the airport, mum.¨ he said quietly as he slipped in the seat beside her and fastened his seatbelt.
His mum nodded.
¨Call me the second you land, Eddy, okay?¨ she said in Mandarin, in that tone that told him: if you don't I will kungpao your chicken.
¨Of course I will, mum.¨
He'd seriously better not forget that, he'd tell Brett to remind him when he saw him. 

The thought of seeing Brett sent butterflies to his stomach. Which was monumentally stupid, really. Didn't he see the guy pretty much every day? Hadn't he seen him pretty much every day for the last three years?
But he knew why the butterflies, of course. Yeah, he knew very well why the butterflies. So he closed his eyes and tried to think of any other thing beside kissing Brett. Especially when he was sitting right next to his mum, thank you very much. 

This time, thank God, his mum no longer felt the need to walk into the airport with him; she just dropped him off at the kiss and ride. He smiled at her, a genuine smile. His mum may be strict with him all the time, but she was always willing to drive him around, to help him out with anything. He gave her a quick hug and then he slung his violin on his back and waved, pulling his case into the airport without looking back. 
He looked around the departure hall but Brett wasn't there yet, so he sat down on a bench and waited. He knew he wouldn't have to wait very long - Brett's parents were just as punctual as his own - and sure enough, after only a few minutes he saw the familiar shape coming through the revolving doors. 

There he was. The most beautiful, the most lovely, the most wonderful boy in the world, looking like a Greek God sculpted in stone in his black shirt and black jeans, his violin case on his back, his new black glasses perched on his nose. 
Eddy really liked Brett's new glasses. 
He breathed deeply as he felt the smile spread on his face. Brett was here, and he would stay by his side the whole week. 
He simply couldn't imagine anything better than that, ever.