XCVI

The rehearsal had gone pretty well so far, really. There were certainly places Eddy wasn't happy with yet, and he wanted to try and get a bit of practice in somewhere this afternoon, but overall he was aware that they sounded pretty good. 
Also, Mr. Davids had told them from his rostrum, a beaming smile on his friendly face, that he'd had very good feedback from his colleagues the day before. Apparently the teachers had rated the four of them highly! The quartet had looked at one other unbelievingly for a moment at the conductor's words, and then they had erupted in the happiest of cheers. Eddy had still had to pinch himself every time he thought of it during the rehearsal. 
It was just amazing. Everything he'd ever dreamed of all seemed to be coming together suddenly, in this one week. 

It was break now, and somehow, without consciously deciding to, he found himself going to the stairs that led to the upstairs men's room with Brett, instead of simply using the one downstairs. 
There wouldn't be anyone upstairs, he knew by now. The building was pretty much empty during the day, apart from the orchestra. He'd also pretty much known that Brett would follow him. 

"So, that was awesome, right?" Brett said to him after a while in his lovely quietly sonorous tone. 
"It really was. You know, Mr. Davids asked me if I was going to study violin and I said yes."
Brett stopped walking abruptly, just after they had rounded the corner to the place where they'd kissed yesterday.
"Wow, wait, you said yes? That's... that's a big step."
Eddy nodded, looking down at his feet. 
"Yeah. I couldn't really lie to his face, could I? I asked him not to tell my mum, and I believed him when he said he wouldn't."
Brett hooked his index finger under Eddy's chin and raised it tenderly.
"Even if he would, I'm sure you would manage, Eddy."
Eddy nodded, looking at him earnestly. 
"Yeah, probably. Look, I'm not going to let anyone stop me from doing what I really want to do with my life. I will find a way. But I do hope I get to tell my mum in my own time, because it's not something I look forward to doing." 
Brett eyed him soberly. "I know. But I'll be there for you."

Eddy looked around him quickly, checking there was really nobody there, and then he bent forward and kissed Brett's soft lips warmly. Brett kissed him back instantly, and he deepened the kiss, allowing his tongue to explore Eddy's mouth, his hands on Eddy's shoulders, pulling him towards him with great tenderness. 
Then he pulled back suddenly and he seemed to square his shoulders. 
What? What's going on here? 
Eddy eyed his boyfriend questioningly, waiting for him to say what was on his mind.
"Y.. you know..." Brett stammered then, his voice so very quiet. "You know how yesterday, during movie night, how you were... stroking me?"
Eddy felt the smile spread the second he thought of it, he felt the shiver of exhilaration pulling through him. 
"I do know." he answered, just as quietly. 
Brett cleared his throat. 
"I... I just wanted to say that... I wouldn't have minded if... if your hand would have kept going... further." he said then, and suddenly it was his turn to pointedly look down at his shoes. 

Eddy's heart seemed to explode in his chest at Brett's words. Oh wow! Brett wanted that! Brett wanted that too! 
Brett was peeking up at him now through his eyelashes, almost as if he were waiting for a verdict. 
"I would have loved for my hand to go further, Brett." Eddy whispered then. 
Brett's eyes widened slightly, and Eddy could see the relief on his face.
"Really?" he breathed.
Eddy nodded. "Very really."