CXIV

The morning came, as mornings do, although Eddy would have done anything to postpone it, to shove it back to the night before, to get to lie here longer with his head on Brett's chest and their limbs intertwined. 
"Hey." Brett whispered against his hair, and Eddy groaned softly.
"Nah." he whispered back. "Nah, Brett, I'm not doing it, I'm not accepting it, this is simply just not the day we're going home." He got up slightly, resting on his left elbow so he could look Brett in the eye very convincingly. 
"I'm not, honest." 
Brett's small grin was everything. 
"I like your thinking. Let's see if it can change the laws of physics?"
Eddy let himself fall back on Brett's shoulder with a harrumph. 
"I'm not." he asserted once more, and then he casually let his hand slide under Brett's t-shirt, stroking that softest bit of skin lightly, running his fingers through the little hairs under Brett's belly button. 
"Hmmmm..." Brett hummed, and then he made that sound again, that most contented sound that rumbled softly from somewhere deep within him, and just like that the mood was suddenly very different.
Eddy pressed himself slightly more against his love and he felt Brett responding instantly. Then Brett turned on his right side in once swift move. His hands were cupping Eddy's chin now, and then he was pulling him close and he was claiming his mouth, his hands moving to Eddy's back, bringing him closer still. 
Sweet fire coursed violently through Eddy's veins, and he didn't have to hesitate. He groaned softly, and then he lost himself in the moment and his love once more.

So it was with more than slightly flushed faces that they pulled themselves together at last and made their way out of their room and downstairs to have breakfast. The other boys were probably already down there, Eddy knew as he summoned the lift, making sure to keep Brett close to him. The lift was empty as they walked in, and when the doors closed he leaned softly into his boyfriend once more. 
"That was a very good start to the morning, Bretty." he whispered in his ear. 
Brett grinned quietly, his arm easily around Eddy's shoulders, pulling him in, and pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head.
"Well, that's the understatement of the year, if you ask me. In fact, I would say that this was pretty much the most perfect start to the morning anyone's ever had."
He winked at Eddy then and let him go, just as the lift doors opened again, and he got out and walked calmly towards the breakfast buffet, looking for all the world exactly the same he always did, while Eddy still felt like his head was scrambled. 
Gah, why was Brett so good at remaining deadpan? Eddy wished he could do that as well as Brett could, even more vehemently now than usual, as he approached the little round table where his two friends were already sitting, eating a bowl of cereal. 
Would they read the morning's activities on his face straight away? 
"Well, good afternoon there, lads!" Todd drawled the second he saw them. "Figured you'd join the land of the living at last?"
Brett grinned lightly. "We needed our beauty sleep, mate."
Todd smiled only slightly, and Eddy couldn't tell whether he saw or not. "Well, you better get eating, hey? We need to be packed and out of here in an hour."

Out of here in an hour

Todd's words reverberated through Eddy's brain while he walked alongside Brett to the breakfast buffet, picking up a white porcelain bowl and a spoon and helping himself to some corn puffs from the large dish in front of him. 
"I wish we could stay." he said under his breath as he picked up the jug of milk and started pouring it on his cereal, knowing Brett, who was scooping Greek yoghurt into his own bowl, would hear him just fine. 
Brett turned to him only ever so slightly, but it was enough for Eddy to catch just a little glimpse of the feelings underneath the deadpan face. 
"Me too, my lovely Eddy. Me too."