XC

"Oh my God, Eddy... that was just so awesome!" Brett said the second they were out of earshot of the door. 
Eddy grinned widely. "I know, right? And you were so good! You clearly really impressed him."
"So did you, both on the violin and the piano I think."
Brett looked up at him with the most sincere look in his eyes.
"Thanks again for playing, Eddy. I know you weren't sure about that and I was feeling a bit selfish for asking. But I just know I wouldn't have played as well without it."
Eddy smiled and kissed him quickly on the lips.
"There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, Brett." he said then, quite simply. "I'm really glad it helped you and I enjoyed it."
Eddy felt all the adrenaline of the last couple of hours coursing through his system like wildfire, as Brett grunted suddenly and pushed him roughly against the wall, claiming his mouth with his own. 
And really, at that moment they could have had an audience of a thousand people, it wouldn't have stopped him from kissing Brett back. 
Brett's body was squashed against his own as he kissed him, pushing him into the rough concrete behind him, so Eddy could feel all of him, and he knew that Brett was loving this just as much as he was as they both broke away and tried to catch their breath. 

"Wow..." Brett whispered.
"Wow indeed." he responded softly, giving him one more tiny kiss on his cheek and a coy smile. 

Although each of them had somewhat sheepishly disappeared into the bathroom at some point this week, taking just ever so slightly too long and coming out just that little bit flushed and somewhat glowy... even with that he could feel the pressure mounting between them, and he knew they were building up to be going somewhere they hadn't gone before.
Eddy hadn't allowed himself to think too much about what that would be like, or he would have needed another trip into the bathroom sooner than he wanted.
But in fact, if he was completely honest with himself, he would prefer not to do that at all. He really wanted that next moment to be with Brett, somehow. And now, after this? He was pretty sure Brett felt the same way. 
He'd have to ask him, though, he guessed. And that would be fucking scary. But he had time for that, because for now.... for now he got to go with the best friends a guy could ask for, to his first pro orchestra rehearsal. So he was going to do his best to put all these thoughts in the back of his mind and focus on what was coming.

Lunch hour simply flew by with all the excited stories flying back and forth. Todd and Ian had worked with the principal cellist of the SSO, and they were just as happy, just as wide-eyed, full of new impressions and inspiration.  
"So, what did he tell you?" Eddy asked Todd as they made their way to the front steps of the building to sit and wait for Scruffy Suit to turn up in his white taxi.
"I would tell you, but I'd start blushing." Todd said with a grin.
"Oh, nothing much, he just told him that he would eat his hat if Todd didn't get into the con." Ian added in his dry tone, and Eddy threw his head back and laughed.
"If I were evil I'd wish for you to bomb to see that happening." he said then, eyeing Todd ironically. "But nah. You'll get in, I'm positive."

Eddy felt like he was glowing all over now, as he sat there on the stairs next to Brett, eating one of the rolls he brought from the hotel, and because they were so busy chatting about all they'd learned he didn't even have time to get nervous about the afternoon until they piled back into the taxi with Scruffy Suit and drove to the building where the orchestra would rehearse.