The Pure Light

*This music inspired this chapter. Enjoy.*

The battle was almost over, and Pennywise, now a big, ghastly monster, was about to take over Derry in its entirety.

The Losers were exhausted, but they didn’t give up, they used all the power they had.

Now, they were scattered around the whole place that once were the famous Derry Park. Ben was passed out and Bill was trying everything to wake him up, Bev was lying on a tree, panting, holding back the pain, the position of Mike and Stan were nowhere to be found, and Richie and Eddie were together still ready to fight.

"Take that you piece of shit!" Richie screamed as he jumped high, loaded his super punch and landed it right into the beast's stomach.

Pennywise screamed in pain, but reacted in time to catch Richie and grab with its claws.

"Richie!" Eddie exclaimed.

The monster threw Richie away like a trash, making Eddie angrier. He quickly flew towards Pennywise, punching him and hitting him harder and harder, but it was not working.

He then found Richie and flew towards him, checking if he needed any help.

"Richie! Are you okay?"

Richie slowly got up, with a flinched face, his hand on his belly.

"Just a scratch." He simply said. "I know it's not easy to accept it... But we can't defeat It, Eddie." He said as he looked at Pennywise, destroying the city.

"No, no, no. There's gotta be a way!"

"Guys!" Stan said on the communicator "You know uh, we're here."

"Can't copy, Stan, say it again, please." Bev said on the communicator with a weak voice.

"We are in its lair." Mike answered.

"Is there a way you can kill It? Or destroy it?"

"Nothing! We found some skeletons and uh... A crazy monument with... Light?"

Light.

That word.

It triggered something in Eddie.

A memory.

"Only the source of the purest light can defeat, if the heart of the Monster the Light reaches" Eddie mumbled.

"Eddie?" Richie said, confused.

"The prophecy, Richie... It's true."

"Wha... What do you mean?"

"Only the source Pure Light can kill It."

"No, no. Eddie, are you crazy? If you use your power to the limit you'll die!"

"If I don't do this, Derry will be destroyed and then America, and then... The world."

"Eddie."

"Richie..." Eddie said, already taking flight and getting closer to him.

He gulped and then he smiled, a weak smile. Eddie stroked Richie's face and kissed him passionately.

He opened his mouth and said a simple but strong and meaningful "I love you."

Before Richie could even answer, he gained altitude and started flying towards Pennywise.

"EDDIE!!!"

The whole Club was watching. Eddie was getting brighter and brighter, the light was getting stronger and stronger...

"It will worth it, Eddie, you'll save them... All of them..." Eddie's consciousness kept echoing in his mind.

...until he reached Its heart.

...

The monster screamed in pain.

When it tried to move his hand, the creature just exploded, and the pure light took place.

Meanwhile, Richie was running as fast as he could to reach Eddie.

"EDDIE! EDDIE! ANSWER ME!" He desperately called him as he ran.

Until... He found him.

Laying on the grass, the final ray of light faded away from his body, his clothes were all dirty and torn.

"no..." He mumbled, panting. "No... No, n-no... No..." He kept saying that, that couldn't be real. "E-eddie..."

No response.

Richie kneeled down and grabbed Eddie's body, he leaned his head on his knee. His face, his angelic face... God, it looked like he was sleeping.

"My Eddie..." He said, sobbing and stroking his lover's face. "Eddie..."

Richie wouldn't stop crying, he got closer to Eddie's face, his tear dropped on Eddie's cheek.

He gulped... and answered "I love you too, Eddie."

Eddie was the Pure Light they needed to kill the monster.

But he was also Richie's Light... And Tozier will never forget that.

...

A few moments later, Richie was at the same place everything happened.

They built a statue for him. For Eddie.

Richie smiled.

"I love you too." He said it again, and placed a picture of them as children and his inhaler, tied with a rose.