S o n

Richie's POV

I rushed to the hospital after the message Eddie sent me.

"I need you here 😢"

Something bad happened, really bad.

I parked the car and ran to the front door, as soon as he saw me he ran into my arms crying.

"Shh... That's right... Let it all out." I said, hugging him tightly.

"He's dead, Richie..." Eddie said, sobbing. "Our son is dead."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I decided not to do it, I just held him and comforted him.

"He was just a baby!" Eddie said, breathing heavily.

"Here..." I said, giving him the inhaler.

"Thank you..." He said, putting it in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

"Hey..." I said, lifting his head. "He's in a better place now..." I said, holding back the tears.

Eddie closed his eyes and rested his head on my chest, crying.

"I'm sorry... It's my fault! We shouldn't adopt a kid!" He said, sobbing.

"Shhh... Don't be sorry, honey. It's not your fault... He needed us..." I said, kissing his head. "Do you want to sleep? I can handle thi-"

"No... I think I can... I can... do this." He said, pulling the inhaler trigger again.

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yes..."

"Okay. Let's go..." I said.

"I-I mean... I don't know..." He said.

"Honey..." I said, leading him to a chair, and we both sit down. "It's okay if you don't want to..."

"Okay?! Our son is dead, Richie! This is not "okay""

"I know..." I said, pulling him closer and hugging him tightly. "Honey, I know..." I said, crying.

"I'm sorry, I just... don't know what to do now!" He mumbled.

"Don't be sorry, Eddie... " I said, stroking his hair. "Let's go..."

"I can't see him like that" he said, sniffing.

"You won't... We will talk to the doctor..."

"Okay..." He said.

I tried to say something, but I decided not to do it again. I just lifted his head and looked at his pale and sad face.

"Aw..." I said, kissing him... "We can go through this, Eds... We can go through this..." I said.

"I'll try." He said, calmer. "You always have a way to calm me down... I love you..."

"Me too, honey..." I said, hugging him.