B r a v e

Eddie's POV

Richie is a brave guy, but sometimes his courage scares me, not the kind he gets too violent, he does not think straight, ends up doing things only by impulse.

Well, after this statement, I'm afraid you know what's our situation right now...

If you thought "OH OMG, HE DIED." Thank God you're wrong, but... he could have.

Now, right now, not the moment you're reading this, actually, it's the moment I see him and think of those words written by some random human being, Richie is sedated, sleeping, calmly.

Because he is sedated, does not mean that he is in a coma, he simply can not have serious feelings like anger, nervousness, fear, etc.

You know when you just wake up, And you feel dizzy, can't even talk? Or when you talk, you don't even know what you're talking about?

Well, this is Richie's condition, he's awake, but he can not talk. Not that he has been mute but it is part of the treatment.

I thank God for this, at least he's here, breathing.

"What happened?" You might be wondering.

Well, let's say his courage almost killed him.

We were just walking around, holding hands.

Well, you may know the rest...

He pointed the gun at me, Richie, in a brave act, jumped in front of me and all I could hear was a shooting noise.

I immediately called 911, And in the blink of an eye I was already here, in this hospital room.

~3 HOURS LATER~

I couldn't stop crying, I needed to control myself, because he could wake up at any moment and see me like this, I couldn't let this happen.

Low sobs came out of my mouth while I stood trembling. Remembering that sound, that horrible and traumatic sound.

Suddenly, Richie opens his eye and sees me from that state.

"Damn it..." I mumbled between sobs.

He looked at me, used all of his strength to give a smile, held my hand, and started drawing an "OK" with his thumb in the palm of my hand.

"I'm sorry, honey..."

He smiled and drew it again.

"You were so brave, Rich... Thank you... I love you so much."

I could see tears coming out of his eyes. But it wasn't from sadness, it was from joy.

He stoped drawing "OK", put his hand on my chest and started drawing a "I ❤ U" with his thumb.