I Taught Him Very Well

"Ouch" Eddie whimpered as Richie lightly touched the gauze with rubbing alcohol to the wound on his face.

"I'm sorry, Eds, but if you don't clean it, you'll have quite a infection." Richie said calmly.

Eddie gripped the towel and squeezed, holding back the pain as Richie ran the gauze over the wounds.

"Easy, easy... It's almost over." He said. "Don't worry, Eds, when I'm done, I'll go after that mullet wearing brainless asshole and teach him a lesson."

"I sWEAR-" Eddie moaned as Richie finished cleaning the wounds of his face. "shit... Richie, I swear to God if you keep calling me Eds, the person who's gonna teach you a lesson it's me." he said.

Richie laughed and gently ruffled his friend's hair. He then took the first aid kit and took the necessary amount of bandages for Eddie Kaspbrak's angelic face.

"Don't say you hate it, I know you loooove when I call you like that... Eeeeds." Richie teased, making Eddie's cheeks turn red as his eyes roll. "Now stay put, please... I need to put on these bandages, don't wanna see your beautiful face full of germs and... ya know, wound bacteries."

Eddie smiled and blushed. "I taught him very well" he proudly thought.

While Richie was focused on taking good care of his best friend, Eddie on the other side, took a detailed look on his taller friend, his dark curls, glasses, focused brown eyes, the few freckles on his face. He blushed at the sight.

"Um... Richie?" He mumbled.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"Putting you into this... this was between me and him..."

"Well, duuh? Why would I just let you be in danger... I had to help you."

"But your, face, Chee, it's full of bruises too, why didn't you let me take ca-"

"heey..." Richie stopped, and carefully put his hand on Eddie's face. "it's okay, it's not as bad as it looks."

"Are you... are you sure?"

Richie smiled and nodded, then he continued with the bandages.

"It's just... I feel like I'm just a burden for you sometimes... and I don't like this."

"Eddieeee, we've already talked about thiiis..." Richie hummed.

"I knoow... but that doesn't mean these damn thoughts have stopped coming through my mind, you know? 'Hey Eddie, you're too short' ; 'Hey Eddie stop being so hypochondriac' ; 'Hey Eddie you should stop wearing those ugly ass shorts'..."

"Eddie..."

"'Oh hey Eddie, how about stop making your friends waste their time on you? You're disguting!"

"Eddie!" Richie, again, put his hands on Eddie's face, making the smaller boy blush and snap back to reality. "Eddie..."

"I'm sorry... it's just... it happens you know?" he said. "Didn't tell you because I wouldn't wanna worry you."

"Eddie, you can always talk to me." Richie said with the calmest voice in the world.

The room turned into an awkward silence, until Richie broke the silence by saying...

"I don't know if you remember this but... whenever I was having these thoughts you would tell me:

'...stop decreasing yourself, Richie, you're an awesome person and, and you're always there when I need you, when all the Losers need you, you are beloved, even though sometimes you can be a pain in the ass, we can't imagine the world without you.'

Eddie blushed and took a great look at Richie as he recited the smaller one's "speech" so perfectly.

"I can tell you the same, Eddie... we need you, we love you... I need you Eddie...

I love you." Richie's cheeks flustered.

Eddie put his hands on Richie's neck as he rested his head on the taller one's chest, and slowly, the tears started streaming down his face.

"that's right... that's right... let it aaaall out." Richie whispered, and kept emitting sounds like "shhh" to calm his best friend down.

"Thank you Richie... for everything." Eddie got up and faced Richie again. He smiled and kissed his cheek. "I... I love you too. You are a very kind person."

"You're more." Richie said, blushing. He took a deep breath and bit his lips, slowly approaching Eddie's face and placing a kiss on Eddie's lips.

Eddie blushed. "I love you." Richie stated.

"I love you." Eddie said, wiping his tears away.