Deadlights

The moment I open my eyes, I can see a big, empty place, the sky is not the blue color I was used to, it was all orange, but not as it was on a sunset, it was entirely orange with some clouds. A thin layer of water was part of the floor, but walking on it didn't wet my shoes at all.

I walked aimlessly through this mysterious place, but there was something inside me that wanted to warn me, I could feel it.

As I adjusted my glasses, I heard whispers, which became a shy voice, then a clear voice calling my name.

"Richie?"

I turned and saw a silhouette, slowly taking shape, materializing in a man, who, like me, was wearing glasses, but his hair was curled and even being about the same size as mine, he was making a tuft, almost covering one of the eyes.

"My God, Richie, is that really you?" The man said, getting closer to me.

It was when I saw that part of his hair was covered by a small hat, or rather a kippa, that I kind of knew who it was.

"S... S-Stan?"

Stanley hugged me tightly and tapped my back.

"You haven't changed a bit." He said.

Confused, I hugged him back and he got off of me, smiling. But then, his smile turned into a concerned face.

"You know it, don't you? All of you..." he said, gulping.

I nodded. "Yes."

"I want you to know that I wanted to save you."

"I know." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. "You were brave by doing it... I don't think you were a coward."

Stanley gave a weak smile and hugged me again.

"It's been too long man, how are the others?"

It was at that moment I realized, the clown, IT, the Losers, I wasn't dead... and I had to help them.

"They're in danger now, all of us are. Because... you know why."

"Yeah, I sure do, and how are things with Eddie?"

"... Eddie?" I gulped and blushed.

Stanley looked at me and gave a comforting smile.

"I understand..." he simply said. "Come, let's walk, shall we?"

And then, Stan and I started walking, and as we kept doing it, things materialized like streets, sidewalks, streetlights, etc.

I stared at it all, not understanding what was going on, but it was when we passed a specific place that I noticed ... it was Derry. And the place was the arcade.

"Still the old and dirty Derry, huh?" Stanley said.

"yup."

"As I imagined." he said, lightly kicking an empty soda can on the sidewalk. "And your career? You're an comedian, aren't ya?"

"Well, uh... not that good, to be honest..."

"I like your jokes." Stan said, with his hand in his jeans pockets. "I mean... liked, ya know."

"Really?"

He nodded.

"To be honest, I never forgot you guys. The adult life couldn't stop me remembering you." He said, chuckling.

I felt horrible, like Ben, Stan didn't forget about us.

"And I feel bad for not doing the same" I said in a weak and sad tone.

"I understand, Richie." he said.

Suddenly, a silhouette started running towards us, and as it came closer, I could see it was a kid, wearing a yellow raincoat... It was Georgie and he was holding his paper boat.

"I fount it, Stan! I found it!" He said, showing him the boat.

Georgie looked at me, frowned and smiled. "Richie? Is that you?"

I smiled, and my eyes were teary. "Yes." I simply answered.

He hugged me tight and I stroke his hair.

"It's so good to see you, Richie! I missed you so much!"

Georgie gulped and his smile slowly faded. "How's... how's Bill?"

"After you left us, he couldn't stop thinking about you, remembering the little things you used to do, you left a hole in him." I said.

"I never wanted to..." He said with a sad face. "The clown said he would be mad if I didn't get the boat back... it got me, Richie... I didn't want to get back the boat, I just wanted to go home" he started crying.

Stan looked at me, patted my shoulder and grabbed Georgie.

"Shhhh... it's okaaay... it's okay... " he whispered. "Don't worry, Rich, he just misses Bill." Stan said, I could see he was holding back the tears, but it was no use.

He wiped them off and hugged me holding Georgie.

"Listen, I know they need you, and I know he needs you, more than never... I'm sorry to say this but... I'm afraid this is your last chance Richie, so go... wake up and kill that fucking clown, for all of the kids he killed, for Georgie, for us... for the Losers."

He kissed my cheek and held my hand tight. "Go, we'll be okay... we'll be watching all of you." he smiled.

"Last chance?"

He just took a deep breath and put his hand on my heart.

And in a blink of an eye I was back to reality, with... Eddie on top of me.

"Richie! I killed it, I think I killed it, Richie! I kill-"

His voice was interrupted by a giant fang crossing his stomach.

My last chance...

that was my last chance.

Neibolt Street - Hours later

Where it was supposed to have an old abandoned house, it was now a giant hole.

I never got to say it, Eds.

Eds...

*chuckles* Remember you hated this nickname?

Don't worry, I'll stop calling you that... Eddie.

I... *gulp* I love you.

Yes, I... I always did.

I love you... *cries* I love you, I love you... *sobs*

WHY DID I TAKE SO LONG? *sobs*

*Runs his hand on the grass filled with ashes and ruins*

I wish we could do a decent funeral... for you...

Yeah I think... I think I'll do it, this is the least I can do...

Goodbye, Eddie... I will always remember you.

Always.