3 A M

(2 weeks later the accident and 1 week earlier the previous chapter)

(Eddie's POV)

"...your son didn't make it"

   These words were the last I heard on that day, I think Richie was trying to calm me down then, but I couldn't... how could I?

   All I could do was nod everytime Richie looked at me, but even like that... he knew I was pretending, he knew what he would face... *sigh* God, I wish I wasn't Richie's burden. He could do such amazing things, but he doesn't do it... because of me.

   I knew it was on me because, I was the one who was driving, not him... IT IS my fault, he keep saying it's not, but it is! I was the one in control.

   You know when you do something and you keep thinking about how things could be different? Yeah... same.

   I can't sleep, and I'm sure I won't do it for the rest of the month... or maybe the year! Every dawn I look at the sky from the window, I lost the count of how many times I saw the sunrise.

If Richie cares? I don't know, maybe not... he's my fiancé, but... things are hard... his life with or without me would have no difference, I know this.

(Narrator)

Richie got closer to Eddie and held him.

"I heard... everything..."

Eddie started crying and kept banging his head on the window glass lightly.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he sobbed.

"I don't blame you, honey..."

"Yes, you do, I know that."

Richie put his hand on Eddie's face and turned it, making them both face to face.

"No... I don't." He said, stroking Eddie's face. "C'mon, Eddie-bear, it's almost 5 AM, you need to rest, honey."

He breathed heavily, and said "I can't."

Richie looked at the window, then looked at Eddie, he smiled and said "Okay then... I'll be here with you. Now neither I can sleep."

Eddie leaned his head on Richie's shoulder and both looked at the window, watching as the morning was arriving slowly.