The Last of the Losers - On the Way

The next day, everyone had already dismantled the camp and made their way to Derry. Ellie, Richie and Eddie were still talking about Derry and their friends. They were now walking on the main road, towards the quiet town of Maine.

On the way, Ellie told stories, more than she had told the day before, near the fire.

Ellie was an orphan, lived a large part of her childhood in a boarding school, she told about her adoptive father, who long before adopting her, had lost his biological daughter due to a terrible accident. She told stories about the first time he had seen a giraffe at a zoo in Salt Lake City. Her father was not one of the best men, but he was good in his way.

Richie and Eddie just listened carefully as they walked along the road full of abandoned cars and a sign of growing vegetation.

- So, Ellie, what is your dream? - Eddie asked.

- I don't know, actually. - Ellie said, scratching her chin - Maybe travel abroad the USA. And you?

- I really want to visit Japan, legend has it is very clean there. - said Eddie.

Richie gave a light laugh.

- What's it?- Eddie asked.

- Nothing. It's just ... nothing has changed.

Eddie rolled his eyes and smirked. - And you love?- Eddie asked.

- Me? - Richie stopped to think. - Well, under better circumstances, I would already be living one. - He said, making Eddie blush. - But to be honest, for now it would be taking all my friends away from this place.

- It's a good dream. - said Ellie. - I hope it works out. - She smiled at Richie.

- Thank you.

- Guys, look. - Eddie said, pointing to a sign, it said "WELCOME TO DERRY" - We did it, Richie!

Eddie ran and hugged Richie so tightly that Tozier thought his spine was going to break. Ellie just smiled and crossed her arms.

It was official, they were inside Derry, now they only had to reach the city. And what seemed like a dream to Richie and something Ellie was trying to do before she met them, turned out to be a last-minute plan by Tozier to escape not only Derry but Maine. Was it painful? Maybe... well, that was the city where everyone grew up, but in life you have to learn to let go, right?

The main issue was to find their friends.

And that they were determined to do.

Whatever it takes ... whatever it takes.