Ocho. Slug Club Dinner

Ocho: Slug Club Dinner

EVERYONE WAS SAT ON their chairs, waiting patiently for whatever it was that Slughorn was talking about to finish. It was getting quite boring, Blaise had managed to get in like I had expected as did Daphne. Theodore Nott was locked up, having had his dark mark revealed in the ministry last year. Pansy wasn't in it as she was really bad at potions, she said she didn't want to be here either but I knew she was mad. Draco surprisingly wasn't here, I dunno the reason but he wasn't invited even though he is good at Potions.

Cormac McLaggen, Ginny Weasley, Melinda Bobbin, Flora and Hestia Carrow, Neville Longbottom, Marcus Belby, Hermione Granger and Harry Potter were the other people at the table with me.

I was here because my mother was top of her class in her time, along with my father but that isn't something Slughorn ever would talk about. Apparently I was good in potions like her which was hard to believe.

Blaise was here because he was good at his classes too, his mother though was also one of the reasons. His mother had wedded and widowed at least seven times, inheriting a lot of money. Beautiful witch she is.

Cormac was here simply because his uncle was well connected within the ministry of magic, something that Slughorn thought was good and important.

I don't really know the reason for why the twins, Hestia and Flora, were here but they seem okay.

Ginny was here because of a hex she did during our train ride here which seems like really stupid reason but I mean- it's Slughorn here who we are talking about.

Harry Potter was here because one, Harry Potter, aka Chosen one and because two, he's the son of Lily Evans, a former student here at hogwarts who was a lot like Hermione regarding her grades. Good at a lot of things but Defense against the Dark Arts was her specialty.

Hermione was here because she's a genius who knows everything about every class except Divination.

Melinda Bobbin was here because her family owned a big chain of apothecaries.

Marcus because of his uncle, Damocles, who invented the Wolfsbane potion.

Neville because of his parents who I learned were in the Order of the Phoenix before having passed because of Bellatrix who tortured them to insanity.

"I have gathered you all here because you are all talented-"

"Bullshit." Blaise whispered from beside me and I stifled a laugh.

"-And will become great wizards and witches in the future. So let's cheer to that."He looked over all of us with a big smile on his face.

I picked up my glass along with everyone else and we clicked our glasses together, "Cheers."

Slughorn sat at the head of the table, Cormac on his right and Marcus at his left. Beside Marcus was Blaise and I. Next to Cormac were the Carrow twins who had Neville next to them.