Once. Death

Once: Death 

I WAS FURIOUS, HOW DARE Dumbledore try and teach Harry about the Gaunt house, try and make it look evil. The Gaunts were and still are royalty! Pure blood! Direct descendants from Slytherin himself, so how dare Dumbledore try and taint that name? And how does Harry even think about defending Dumbledore when all the old man has been doing is raising him til the moment he has to die for the "light".

Harry Potter, dying a hero. A legend. That's what Dumbledore is trying to achieve, not giving Harry private lessons before and just now when he'll face my father in a year or so. Sick Dumbledore is. 

I know it's not  supposed to bother me but it does, not having a worthy opponent is a waste of time. No way was potter a worthy opponent for my father, I mean it's all a joke really! A sixteen year verses a 60 something year old. 

"Mudblood." I mumbled as I entered the Slytherin common room, inside was Pansy, Blaise and Draco. 

"Where's thing 1 and thing 2?" I asked as I sat next to Blaise. 

"Gone off to do something." said Draco 

Pansy was staring off into space so I looked at both boys, they only shook their heads so I stood up and get towards her. 

"What's wrong?" 

She broke her out of her trance and looked at me, I was taken aback at how sad she looked. Her eyes that once swirled with excitement and held life were now dull, any sign off hapiness were gone. 

She was so close to losing sanity and I didn't know why. 

A tear slid down her eye but she wasn't bothered by it, in fact I don't think she noticed. 

I grabbed her shoulders and shook her, "Pansy what's wrong?" 

"Mums dead and Fathers lost it, gone mad. Wants me to be a death eater, in fact I don't have a choice. Once I turn seventeen I no longer have any say on what I can and can't do, I'll be turned into a slave- doing the 'dark lords' bidding." 

My brows furrowed and I looked back at the boys who looked baffled, guess they didn't know either. 

"Isn't it good news- you becoming a death eater? You'll have Voldemorts protection, you'll be untouchable!" 

She stood up abruptly and stared at me, she wasn't mad, she was sad. "Good news? Mom was a former death eater and died while on a mission! Now father wants me to follow in her footsteps, Tiana I- I don't want to die." She whispered the last part and broke down. 

Almost falling down, I had to hold her so she wouldn't fall. This wasn't Pansy. 

"You aren't Pansy. Reveal yourself." I snarled and Pansy looked up at me, she smiled and began laughing. 

"Shut up! reveal yourself!" 

"Nuh uh, now watch your language! I'll have to take you down to the basement if you don't do so.

I took a couple steps back, "Kristina" 

"You've grown to be quite the girl! Not calling me mother!"