11. Me

Chapter 11: Me

"
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑚𝑒. "

I wandered down the streets of Massachusetts, hoping to find a candy shop to go into. It sure was a long way from London but I needed some time off for myself- do not take it wrong as I do love London but knowing my friends they'll probably try and communicate and see what's going on- they're great friends. I just want to be by myself for a bit.

Running off like this reminds me of the times I lived with Mrs.Krum...oh how warming they were.

- Flashback-

I laughed as I held onto an almost broken swing rope, enjoying the short moment of freedom. Mrs.Krums and Mr.Krums house was sure nice but I never got time to myself.

I sighed as I heard some commotion in the bushes, "Come out Victor."

I heard him get up and run to where I was, "How did you know I was there!" He whined and I smiled.

"You're not very good at hiding yourself." I said and he pouted and sat down on the ground.

"Do you think mom will get mad at us? For you know- leaving?" He said and I looked down.

"Yeah she will...I'll take the blame for it again- after all it's my fault for running again." I said and closed my eyes, swinging a little and hearing the creaking sound the swings made.

"Tiana why do you always say everything is your fault?" He said in a confused tone and I bit my lip, shutting my eyes right as I flinched when he stood up.

Slowly opening my eyes I looked up at him, "It's because of your mother isn't it? "

My looked at him a bit alert, "H-how do you know that?"

He gave me a knowing look, "I'm not as dumb as I look you know, people always think I don't notice things but I do..you cry at night and I can hear when you have nightmares."

He scooted closer to where I sat in the swings, rocking a little, "If you ever need to talk, come to me okay? I can help-"

I stood up and the swing made a loud squeaking sound before stopping, "You can't though! You can't help me."

He looked up at me to see me in tears, "I always try and be brave like they tell me to, but do you know that I just wanna have a normal childhood...the way people stare at me- like I don't know anything and like I'm some stupid girl! A stupid little girl.." I whispered the end and his eyes widened.

"Tiana you aren't stupid! You're smart." He said and I gave him a small smile.

"Victor- your fighting spirit makes me think your an idiot." I said and walked away, leaving a stunned Victor sitting down on the ground. His hands pulling some weeds out and his feet cris crossed.

- end of flashback -

Crossing the street I made my way to the only candy shop nearby 'Andy's Candy Shop' and walked in.

I was greeted by a warm smile from the cashier and I returned a quick smile before making my way through the aisles of candies on the shelves.

I really wanted any candy besides chocolate- I was looking for something more sour right now. Grabbing some sour Skittles and some extra sour patch kids I made my way to the counter and placed them down.