Nueve. Defense against the dark arts

Nueve: Defense against the dark arts

I ENTERED THE CLASSROOM WITH both Hermione and Ron, I was totally not excited to seeing that old greasy haired man teach. Why'd he get the job anyway?

The room was obviously very dark, not a single stream of light coming into the room. I was actually considering Snape being a vampire at this point.

"Bloody hell the room sure is dark.."Ron mumbled and Hermione nudged him, looking behind to see if Snape heard.

"Damn Severus! Never fail to surprise me! The room get darker each time." Tiana said with an impressed expression.

"I'll take that as a compliment, now straight to your seat Miss Anderson or 10 points from Slytherin it will be."

"Awe c'mon Sevy! Loosen up!" Tiana said and her group of "friends" all agreed.

With an unamused look he dismissed her to her seat along with the other Slytherins, Blaise whispered something to her and her eyes snapped up to mine.

I blushed and she only smiled at me, she waved and sat in the row diagonal of me.

Malfoy was at her right and Pansy at her left, Blaise was left with sitting with Daphne which he didn't mind and some other girl which I don't know the name of.

Now focusing more on the room I noticed how the pictures that decorated the room were quite disgusting. Many showed people who appeared to be in pain, showing very bad injuries and strange contorted body parts.

"I have not asked you to take out your books," said Snape as he closed the door and faced the class.

Hermione quickly shoved her copy of Confronting the faceless back into her bad and fixed her posture.

"I wish to speak to you, and I want your fullest attention,"

"You have had five teachers in this subject so far, I believe."

You believe? It's like you haven't watched them all leave after a year, always hoping you'd be the next teacher to teach us.

"Naturally, these teachers will have had their own methods of teaching. Given these methods I am surprised so many of you managed an O.W.L. in this subject. I shall be more surprised if all of you manage to keep with the N.E.W.T. work, which will be much more advanced."

He walked off around the edge of the room, speaking in a lower voice so that everyone had to crane their necks to keep him in sight.