xi. A ball

"As you all know, Hogwarts will be throwing a ball. That means that every student, from all three schools, are allowed to attend, all students are required to have a date to attend." Minerva said pacing around the floor.

She had all the tables cleared off to create some more space in the room and had everyone sitting in rows, boys and girls were both in different sides facing each other.

"So today, I will be teaching you how to dance as I'm sure you'll all want to dance."

Snaps walked in with his class trailing behind him, "In order for more students to learn faster and quicker since it was a short time notice- Professor Snape and I decided to merge both of our classes. I hope you will all be respectful to each other, that means no goofing off, or hurting each other."

"I will not wait for anyone who is messing around.
So if I'm teaching you, I'm expecting you to quickly learn and remember. If I see any such foolishness going on, be it the smallest bit, you will be punished." Professor Snape said curtly, scaring almost everyone in the room.

"Now, now...both Professor Snape and I will demonstrate for you all on how to do it."

I snickered and Snape turned to glare directly at me, I covered my mouth and put on a neutral face.

Minerva said some type of spell and got music to start playing.

"Professor Snape if you could- please put your hands on my waist. Okay- class this is how the gentleman are to put their hands, I, as in the lady will put my hand on his shoulder and hold his other hand. There- this is the right way, now you just sway. 1 2 3...1 2 3 ....1 2 3."

We all watched as both Professors swayed side to side, forward and backwards. The music came to a slow and steady stop as did both dancing professors.

"Well- quickly, get a partner!" Minerva ushered all of us as the girls hastily got down and toward the middle of the stage where as the boys all sluggishly got out of their seats and went toward any girl.

"Will you be my partner?" I heard someone say, I looked up to where the voice was and it was this boy I've never seen before.

"Chase Rouge." He let out a charming smile.

From the corner of my eye I could see Draco and Harry eyeing him down.

I smirked and grabbed his hand as he helped me down the benches and toward the stage.

"Okay class, we will now begin." Minerva said as Snape walked around scoffing at the Gryffindor who were doing quite poorly and helping out some Slytherins.

Both Chase and I began slowly dancing to the music as Professor Mcgonagall began shouting out further instructions, the music began getting louder and...faster?

"Oh don't tell me..." I began but didn't get to finish as Chase suddenly spun me and pulled me in, smirking when I smiled.

"I believe you know how to dance this song?" He asked

"Well I sure hope I do." I winked as he stared at me before slowly smiling.

I guess we were so into the dance we didn't see people slowly leaving the stage as they couldnt dance to the song anymore.

Even Snape stepped back to watch us dance.

"Everyone's staring..." I said, my face flushed.

"Let them stare."

And I swear I almost fell in love right then and there when the music came to a stop and he dipped me down, our faces inches away.

We were both brought back when people began clapping, I let go of him and returned back to my seat.