xvii. 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑘

XVII

XVII. Third task

I opened my eyes to see only darkness, no soul could be seen in the distance. Slowly I stood up and began walking, I walked for so long that my legs began to ache.

Suddenly a loud voice rang throughout whatever place this was, "You're almost there...just a bit more child."

I shivered and looked down at what I was wearing, my nightgown, it reached right at my knees and the straps were thin..very thin indeed.

I began breathing harder and for some reason my heart began beating faster and I could finally feel the ground, feel something.

Soon enough I could feel twigs at my side, only then did I realize I was in a maze. What was I doing in a maze?

I began running, ignoring my aching feet. I looked down to see twigs starting to grow out of the ground, the cracking sound as the twisted and began to entagle on my legs. I searched for my wand and yelled out "Reducto!"

My breathing came out hard and fast as I ran, yelling "Reducto!" behind me whenever I felt the twigs coming closer.

I ran left and right, turning many corners until I came to a stop. Far off I could see the shining cup, the TriWizard Cup.

Grinning, I ran towards it and nothing happened, absolutely nothing.

I frowned, backed away and touched it again, once again nothing happened.

"What the fuck?"

"Such foul language for such a young lady." The voice ran again and I shivered, now aware it was my fathers.

"Silly girl, you can't even recognize your own lord's voice?"

I bowed my head, "I apoligize father, I'll make sure to be better in the future."

He said nothing and I slowly brought my head back up.

I flinched when both Harry and Cedric came running towards me, I moved out of the way even though they couldn't hurt or touch me.

I quickly grabbed onto cup as they both grabbed the cup and wasn't surprised that it was a portkey, of course it would be. But what I didn't expect was for it to take us to a graveyard.

Of course the dumb badger didn't realize something was wrong til Harry Pointed it out, even then he didn't quite get it.

I laughed on the spot, stupid badger. Too clueless for his own good.

"Get back to the cup!" Harry screamed

"This is a trap! Go back!" Harry continued saying

"What? Look man, I get if you want to find the treasure but using this graveyard as an excuse of something going on is just plain wrong." He said with with an 'I know' face making me burst out laughing.