Chapter 50

After dinner was over I helped my grandparents clean up, my mom and Issac left, my uncle is rounding up his kids to get them ready to leave. Dakota left with Caleb already. "Honey I'm really sorry Tara died. I feel bad about you going back to cali all alone" my grandpa said as I shook my head. "I'll be okay" I smiled as my grandpa frowned. "We can take you to go get a dog tomorrow before you leave if you'd like" he smiled. "No, no grandpa I'll be okay, no animal can replace Tara" I smiled as he sighed. "If you need anything. I'm a call away. I might be old. But I will drive up there too make sure you're okay" he said as I nodded. "I'll remember that thank you grandpa" I smiled as he nodded. "I'll take you guys to the hotel. Let's go, you guys have a had a bad day" he said as I nodded.

Corpse and I got into the truck as my grandpa drove us too the hotel. We got to the hotel quick honestly. Corpse grabbed our stuff. "Bye grandpa, you and grandma are taking us to the airport right" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah I'll force her" he smiled as I smiled. "Thank you, love you. Goodnight" I smiled as he waved bye too us. "Goodnight Haley bug. Goodnight precious" my grandpa said. "We aren't married" I laughed as he nodded. "Not yet" he laughed as I shook my head. We walked into the lobby to check in. "Hi, uhm I have a room for Haley" I smiled as the girl typed on her computer. "Yes you requested for two beds but they're all filled. So we have one room left. It's a one bed" she said as I nodded. "That's fine" I sighed as she nodded. "We will give you a discount for the issue, have a lovely night" she smiled handing me the key. I nodded as we walked up to the room number that was on the key. We walked up the stairs and walked down five doors before we got to our room.

I walked in as he set our bags down as I flipped onto the bed. "I'm so fucking tired" I mumbled as he nodded. "I'm sure you are. You've had quiet a long day" he smiled as I nodded. "I'm gonna take a shower and go to sleep" I mumbled grabbing my bag and walking to the bathroom.

I got my shower as I changed into a pair of shorts, and a hoodie, I walked to the bed as corpse sat their waiting. "I'm gonna get my shower now. Get some rest" he said as he kissed the top of my head. He went into the bathroom as I flopped onto the bed going to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haley's dream

"Tara....Tara" I yelled walking through the woods. "Tara" I yelled again. I heard his bark as I rushed towards him. "Tara" I questioned as I got closer to him. His fur was patchy, he was too skinny to be alive. His whine was all ghostly like. "Tara" I mumbled as he turned around and looked up at me. Barley able to walk. He let out a ghostly howl. "Tara" I cried as I went to pet him, as his fur that was left fell into my hands. "Tara no" I cried harder as I felt my chest starting to burn. "Please" I said as I fell onto the ground. "Watch him die" I heard a mans voice. "Why" I asked confused. "Do it" I heard again. I went to put my hands over my eyes but I couldn't move. I watched as Tara collapsed onto the ground. "NO TARA PLEASE" I cried harder, wanting to reach out and grab him but couldn't.

Tara whined as his eyes went blank, his mouth open, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as flys flew from his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"TARA" I screamed shooting up from the bed. "Haley" I heard next to me as I jumped. I held my chest as I sighed deeply. I pulled my knees closer to my chest, I ran a hand through my hair as I tried to silently cry. "Haley" corpse said moving closer as I sighed. "I'm sorry I woke you" I said as he rubbed my back. "It's okay" he said as he pulled me into his embrace, us laying back down as I had my head on his chest, his hand played with my hair as he sighed deeply. I could feel his chest rising and lowering as I sighed.

I wiped my tears away. I'm tired but I'm too scared to go to sleep. Worried I'll have another nightmare of Tara. I felt my eyes getting heavy as I tried my best not to fall asleep but failed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to corpse moving as I looked at the time. "Oh we gotta hurry and get ready to go to the airport" I mumbled as I got up and grabbed my bag going into the bathroom. I put on a pair of leggings, a regular white shirt as I stuff all my stuff into my bag, grabbing corpse's stuff, and putting them in his bag, I saw a hoodie in his bag as I grabbed it and stuffed it into mine as I noticed he was still sleeping.

I walked over to him as I shook him lightly. "Wake up" I said as he sighed rubbing his face. He wore a pair of sweatpants and a regular white shirt as all he did was put on some socks and shoes. I slipped on my timbs as I grabbed my stuff. "I already put your stuff in your bag" I said as he nodded. I made sure I had all my stuff as he was checking. I waited by the door as he finally was done. He grabbed his bag, as he grabbed mine out of my hand as we left the room, going to the front lobby. I gave them the key back and made sure our payment was okay. So I wouldn't have to pay again. Even though we didn't get what we wanted.

We left as I saw my grandparents truck as he put our stuff in the back of the truck, as we hopped into the back seats. "Honey I don't think I like the idea of you going back up there all alone" my grandma said as my grandpa agreed. "We will be more than happy to take you to get another dog" my grandma added. "No dog can be Tara. I'll be okay" I smiled as they nodded. "Well...we need to get breakfast. I am starving." My grandma smiled as we pulled out of the hotel parking lot headed towards, I'm sure, McDonald's.