Chapter 40

I got back to my apartment putting my keys down, going into my room, I changed into a pair of skinny black ripped jeans, a black Nintendo hoodie, and brushed out my hair. I fixed my makeup as I changed my shoes from crocs too my black timbs. I grabbed my keys knocking on the door. As I heard Tara banging her head against the door. "I just took you out" I heard corpse. Tara barked three times than banged his head on the door again. "I don't know what that means, I need to call Haley" I heard corpse as I sighed.  Did homie not hear my knocking. I felt my phone vibrating. I answered it. "Hello" I asked. "Yeah what does it mean when-" and I cut him off. "When he bangs on the door with his head and barks three times, that usually means someone he loves is at the door" I smiled as he took a second. "Wait...how'd you know" he asked as I chuckled. "Oh the door and find out" I smiled ending the call. "Dang no goodbye corpse, see you soon corpsey. No I love you, bye babe" I heard him say as he opened the door as Tara rushed to my leg. "Goodbye corpse, see you soon corpsey, I love you bye babe" I smiled repeating what I heard him say as he chuckled. "Oh...uhm...hey" he chuckled. "Wuddup baby" I smiled as he chuckled. "Okay let's go" he laughed. "Come on Tara" I smiled opening my apartment door as he rushed in. "Be good" I pointed at him as he sat. Wiggling his tail with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I chuckled shutting the door as I locked it. "We ready" he asked. "Yeah let's go" I smiled as he put his arm around my shoulders as I put mine around his waist as we left the building getting into his car riding off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got to a pizzeria walking in, seeing a huge wood burning stove. I smiled as I watched them pull a pizza out. "Come on let's get a seat up there" he pointed to the bar infront of the wood burning stove. "Yes" I smiled as I grabbed his hand as we moved over to it, sitting down. "Hello, what kind of drinks would you guys like tonight" a man smiled handing us plates, forks, spoons, a menu, and straws. "Uhm can I get a Dr. Pepper" corpse smiled. "And I would like a water" I smiled as he nodded. "Okay so you guys know what you would like to eat or do you guys need a minute" he asked pulling out a notebook. "I think we know" corpse smiled looking at me. "Uhm can we get a large pizza with cheese, and pineapples on it..would you like anything else" he asked as I looked down at the menu seeing a chefs salad. "Uhm a salad...with ranch dressing please" I smiled as he nodded. "Alright, I'll be back with your drinks" he said as he walked off. "Uhm, are you okay" he asked moving closer to me. "Uhm yeah I'm fine" I smiled. He sighed. "You're gonna eat the pizza right" he asked as I shrugged. "Not really sure, kinda not hungry" I lied as he raised a brow. "I remember when we were in New York and you destroyed a half of pizza, with me, I even gave you some of my slices, than you barley eat your Chinese food, and now..you order a salad? I'm nit trying to sound mean or anything when I say this, but you don't seems like the salad and water type girl..what's wrong" he asked as I sighed. "Nothing, honestly, it's just ya know..taking a different look on life I guess" I mumbled as he chuckled. "Haley, come on...you don't seem okay when we eat together, if you think I'm judging you I'm not, I think it's adorable that you can devour a pizza if you actually wanted to" he chuckled as I sighed.

"Recently I've been getting some comments, dms, I try not to read them on my lives, or look at them but I feel like they're right, and I just...I don't know honestly" I mumbled as he raised a brow. "What do the dms and comments say" he asked as I sighed. "I can't really pull up the stream comments that's usually where they happen a lot but here's some dms" I mumbled pulling up Instagram and going to them and letting him read them. "All the ones I haven't answered are either the hateful ones or some hackers." I mumbled handing him my cracked phone. "You need to get a new phone by the way" he smiled as I nodded.

"Here you go" the guy came back smiling handing us our drinks. "Thank you" corpse smiled. "Of course, you are very beautiful by the way" the man said as I looked up at him, seeing he was talking to corpse. "Yeah she really is beautiful isn't she" corpse smiled looking at me. "Uhm I was-" the guy started. "Yeah I'm just so glad she's my girlfriend, I just love her so much" corpse smiled grabbing my hand, looking up at the man as the man raised his brow. "Oh you were talking about me" corpse said shocked. "Yeah" the man laughed. "Oh my gosh, well I gotta girlfriend, oof this is awkward" he laughed as the man nodded. "Your salad" the man said taking it from someone and basically throwing it at me, "dressing" he said slamming it down. "Your pizza will be done soon...pineapple on pizza...ew" he sassed walking off. "Imagine being uncultured" I chuckled. "Imagine not being open to new things" corpse added. "He probably doesn't know who bingus is" I laughed. "No way, everyone has to know who bingus is" corpse smiled as he went back to reading them. "These are ridiculous Haley, I blocked all of them for you, you are beautiful. All those words, are nothing. You're perfect in your own way, don't let people tell you these lies. If it means anything. I truly care about you, you make me smile even if I don't want too, that's something special about you.. plus...you aren't fat. Okay? More cushions for pushin you know what I mean" he smiled winking at me. "Oh my god stop" I laughed hitting his chest as he chuckled. "But I'm serious Haley, don't let them say these things about you, okay, and those things they said about me and you...it's not true, I don't secretly hate you, I don't only hang out with you for more fans or whatever, I hang out with you because I like you and care about you, please don't let these affect you can now...I bet you won't eat this whole pizza, if you do I get to pay the bill, if you don't I get to pay the bill" he smiled as I raised a brow.

"Wait" I laughed. "No I should pay. You invited me" I said as he shrugged. "But who brought their wallet" he said pulling it out. "I have my card on my phone too babe" I smiled as he chuckled. He snatched my phone from my hand putting it in his front pocket on the opposite side of him. "Like I said...eat" he smiled as I rolled my eyes. "You'll help my finish the salad right" I asked as we looked at the huge thing of salad. "Yeah" he laughed as I nodded. We split up the salad between two bowls, starting to eat some of it.

"Your pizza, enjoy" a girl smiled handing us the pizza. "Thank you" I smiled as we started to eat and drink our stuff.