#27 I'm Sorry *Calum Hood*

"Ugh," you groaned, leaning your forehead against the toilet seat. You had just emptied the contents of your stomach, still feeling slightly nauseated. After a few moments, you slowly rose to your feet, being sure that you didn't have another dizzy spell. You sighed in relief as the room stayed still and walked to the sink, rinsing your mouth out. You had been sick so often you had lost count, and you finally decided that something was definitely wrong. You walked through your house, finding yourself in front of your calender as you contemplated what could be wrong. Your eyes bugged out as you realized that you were forgetting something, well at least you thought you did. Scanning the calender, you felt your eyes widen even more, staring at the large words written across one specific week. A week that had past only a few days ago. The week you were supposed to have your period.

"Oh crap," you muttered, running to the counter. In a split second, you grabbed your keys, bolting out the door to your car. You stopped at the nearest store, running to isle thirteen. You stopped directly in front of the pregnancy tests, grabbing the first two you had gotten your hands on. Racing back out of the isle, you ran to self-checkout, silently praising your luck as you noticed no one was there. You quickly paid for your stuff and ran back to your car, driving home as quickly as you could.

You huffed as you opened the door to your restroom, crinkling your nose as you realized you had forgotten to flush the toilet. Gingerly flicking the switch, you sighed and did the two tests, sitting on the floor as you waited for the lines to show up. You groaned as you stared at the tiny, cute clock on the wall, the second hand seeming to move slower than usual.

Finally, when the two minutes were up, you shakily reached for the first test, flipping it over slowly. Your heart wrenched as you saw the two very clear blue lines innocently staring up at you. You placed the test back onto the counter, gingerly picking the second one up. You held your breath as you flipped it over, a small grain of hope flickering in your chest that the first was wrong. You looked down at the second's results and saw two. blue. lines. You felt tears build up in the corners of your eyes and bit your lip to keep them from slipping.

You smacked your hand over your mouth when you realized a horrible thought, the baby was Calum's. You sunk back to the floor and let the floodgates go, your body wracking with sobs. You and Calum had broken up a little over a month ago, and not on the best of terms. You felt fear pierce your heart as you wondered... what would he say? Should you even tell him? Would he be mad at you? Would he hate you? Would he hate it? You visibly flinched as you thought these questions, afraid of how he would react. But, no matter how scared you were, you knew that you had to tell him, it was his baby too.

Shakily standing, you wrapped your arms around yourself, shuffling slowly toward the counter. You completely avoided your gaze from the two tests, grabbing your keys and walking back out to your car. The drive to his house was unbearable, each passing minute only giving you more time alone with your agonizing thoughts. Your head swam with ways he would react, the more you imagined the worse it got. When you finally pulled into his familiar driveway, you flinched when you saw an unfamiliar car in his driveway.

Walking up his porch, you knocked firmly on his door, your heart pounding with uneasiness. When the door opened, you felt the thin line your lips had made curve downward when you saw the girl standing in front of you. She cocked her head to the side, then rolled her eyes snobbishly, as if she knew who you were.

"You're Cal's ex aren't you? You know he won't take you back so why don't you jus-"

"Can I please speak with Calum?" you interrupted, your voice surprisingly calm and level, far different from what you were feeling.

She rolled her eyes once more, walking back into his house. After a few minutes, your eyes widened as you saw Calum walk up, his eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"What do you want?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

You opened your mouth but only a strangled 'I' came out. You struggled to find your voice but to no avail. You didn't know what to say or do.

He rolled his eyes, an annoyed glint to his eye, "You know, what my girlfriend said was right."

You flinched at his words, opening your mouth to speak once more, "I-I didn't come to--"

He raised his hand, silencing you, "You know what? I don't want to hear it. Goodbye (Y/N), have a wonderful life."

The last sentence had a bite of sarcasm, each stabbing at your heart. He shut the door right after, leaving you hopelessly lost. Tears began to stream down your cheeks as your legs moved on their own accord, leading you back to your car. You practically hurled yourself into the drivers seat, shoving the keys into the ignition. That was it, he didn't want anything to do with you, he already hated you, so much that he didn't even give you the chance to explain yourself. The last shred of hope you had managed to cling onto had disappeared leaving you feeling nothing but utter helplessness. You didn't know the first thing about raising a baby, at least when new mothers had a baby they weren't diving into it alone, but you, you had no one. At least, that's what it felt like.

You hadn't realized that you had pulled to the side of the road and had stopped, but a sharp rap on your window knocked you out of your depressing thoughts, averting your attention to the outside. You rolled your window down numbly, staring at the person with no emotion. Suddenly, your brain clicked and your mind burst with recognition for the person, your lips almost curving into a smile. It was Ashton, one of Calum's closest mates. You had been rather close to him when you and Cal were together, but had drifted apart because of obvious reasons.

"Hey (Y/N)," he murmured, his brow furrowed with worry.

"Ash... what're you doing here?" you asked.

"Well, this is kinda my house," he joked, gesturing behind him.

Your eyes widened as you saw his house only a few feet away. "Oh."

"Yeah," he muttered, pursing his lips slightly. "Now are you going to tell me what's wrong or..."

"I'm pregnant Ash," you stated bluntly, holding your head in your hands.

He did a double take at you words, unsure of the proper response. "Congratulations?"

You shook your head, your voice barely above a whisper, "It's Calum's."

"Pardon?" he asked, leaning in slightly.

You coughed, willing your voice to be louder, "I-It's Cal's Ash."

His eyes widened, "Oh my god. Are you okay? Did you tell him?"

You shook your head, your head still processing your previous conversation with your ex, "I-I already tried. Wouldn't listen."

His mouth spread into a thin line as he moved around your car, getting into the passenger side. "Drive back, I'll talk to him for you. He can be a real git sometimes."

The drive back was silent, but comfortable. It was nice to know someone was there, even if it was only temporary. When you reached the driveway again, you noticed that the car from before was gone, the one you had thought belonged to his girlfriend. A few moments later, Ash turned to you, breaking your train of thought as he kissed your cheek, pulling away with a comforting and determined smile.

"Don't worry (Y/N), I got this." And with that, he exited the car, a glare immediately overtaking his previously gentle expression. He practically stomped up the steps, pounding his fist against the wooden door. Only a few moments later, Calum opened the door, his previously annoyed and tired expression turning to confusion. You couldn't hear them, but judging by Cal's expression, Ashton was giving him an earful, and then some. Despite the situation, you managed a slight giggle, realizing how much you had missed Ash and his fatherly ways.

After another ten minutes, you saw Ash grab Calum's wrist, dragging him back to your car. He opened the door, shoving Calum into the seat.

"You're not leaving until you talk," he threatened, shutting the door. Ash then averted his gaze to you, his frown melting into a smile as he gave you two thumbs up.

Your eyes widened in surprise as you looked at Calum. He seemed so upset, but with what you couldn't tell. After a few moments of silence, he opened his mouth, his voice thick and strangled, "I-I'm so, so sorry."

You did a double take at his apology, his mood clicking in your brain. He was upset with himself, and you could see the regret and self hate he held within his eyes.

"When you... when you came, I had no idea. I was being so horr-horrible to you." His voice cracked, his head drooped low. "You needed me, and all I did was put you down."

You immediately wrapped your arms around his torso, letting a few broken tears of your own fall. "It's okay."

His head snapped up at your words, his eyes glistening, "No, it's not okay. I'm sorry, I really am and you don't have to worry, I'm going to be here for you and the baby, I promise."

You're eyes widened at his words, and you felt your breathing return to normal, as if a huge weight had been lifted off your chest. But, another problem hung over you like a cloud, his girlfriend. "But what about your uh... your girlfriend?"

"I uh... I actually broke up with her a few minutes ago." he confided, rubbing his eyes.

"What?!" you asked, genuinely surprised.

"After you left, I realized how much she had changed me, and not in a good way. And I realized how horrible she really was, so I ended it." he explained, the absence of her car explained.

You nodded, nuzzling your head in his neck, "I'm sorry."

You felt him shake his head as it rested on your neck, "No, I'm sorry."