#6 Wrapped Around Your Finger *Michael Clifford*

You sighed as you leaned back on your bed and tossed one of your school books onto the floor. You were exhausted and and your head hurt from the nonstop studying you had been partaking in since you got home from school almost nine hours ago. You've been cramming for exams like no tomorrow and a part of you actually wished for a meteor to strike in the night and literally make there be no tomorrow, because these tests were stressing you the hell out.

"I give up," you whispered as you covered your eyes with one hand and drew your blanket around yourself with the other.

Reaching over to turn off your bedside lamp, you heard a sharp tap against your window once, twice, three times.

You felt your heart hammer in your chest, your palms grow clammy, and your eyes widen as you stared at your window. The chance that it could be a robber evaded your mind and you quickly reached over and grabbed your dad's old baseball bat that you always kept under your bed. With soft, cautious steps, you walked over to the window and drew back the curtains before bringing your baseball bat and preparing to swing.

Your fearful gaze was met with the empty night.

Confusion swept through your body until you saw a small pebble hit your window, creating the sound you had heard previously. Fear dissipating, you set the baseball bat down before opening the window and peeking your head out.

What you saw made your heart grow fuzzy and a large smile appear on your face. Looking down from your window, you saw your best friend, Michael, standing with a light blush on his cheeks and his guitar in his arms.

"Michael? What are you doing here? It's so late!" you exclaimed as you looked at the red-haired boy.

"I needed to tell you something," he said after a moment's pause.

Furrowing your eyebrows in confusion, you cocked your head slightly before saying, "You could've just knocked on the door you know."

Breaking into a sheepish smirk, he replied, "I know, but it's not as romantic that way."

With that said, he started to strum his guitar for a couple of seconds before singing.

Throwing rocks at your window at midnight. You met me in your backyard that night...

The song was beautiful and you couldn't help but let your jaw hit the floor in amazement and your eyes widen in awe. You were in love with his voice and the way his fingers moved against he guitar and the small nervous grin on his face as he played for you. Hell, you were in love with him, have been since you met him, and as he continued on with the song, you finally knew that he felt the same.

When he finished the last chord of his guitar you couldn't quite find your voice or form your jumbled thoughts into words, so instead, you turned away from the window and rushed out of your room, hurling yourself down the stairs, and throwing open the back door, seeing a very confused Michael standing a few feet in front of you with his eyes still cast on your window.

Running toward him, he just barely had enough time to put his guitar down before you jumped toward him, wrapping your legs around his waist and your arms around his neck. You planted your lips firmly and his enthusiastically reciprocaed as one of his hands traveled to your thigh to support you and the other snaked around your waist to pull you closer to him.

Pulling away, you took a moment to catch your breath as you gazed into his emerald eyes that were blazing with a passionate fire. Before you could so much as utter a word, his lips parted and words were pouring out of his mouth too fast for you to catch.

"What?" you asked, your hand releasing its grip around his neck and instead resting against his cheek.

"I said... I said I love you," Michael repeated with a bright red blush on his cheeks to match his hair.

Breaking into a smile, you pulled him back in for another sweet kiss before breathing out a, "I love you too, Mikey. I love you so much."