#36 Truth Or Truth *Michael Clifford*

“I’m bored!” you groaned, tossing your controller onto the floor. You and Michael had been playing video games for hours, and you were growing tired of killing zombies over and over.

        “Well, what d’you wanna do then?” he asked, pausing the game. You shrugged, turning your head toward him. 

        “Truth or Truth?” he blurted out, smiling mischievously.

        You cocked your head to the side, raising your eyebrows, “Isn’t it Truth or Dare?” you questioned, turning onto your side and propping your head up with your elbow.

        He sighed, copying your position, “Yea, but to do a dare you’d have to move, and I don’t really feel like moving.”

        You nodded in agreement, your lips curving up in a small smile, “True. So I guess I pick Truth.”

        He smirked, his eyes gleaming, “Who was your first kiss?”

        You immediately rolled onto your back, covering your face with your hands. Why, of every question in the world, did he have to ask that one? You felt your face and neck grow hot in embarrassment, your eyes closed tight.

        “No way,” he whispered, amazed. “You haven’t kissed anyone yet.”

        You shook your head, still keeping your face covered with your hands. After a few moments, he still hadn’t responded, so you dared to move your fingers a crack, just enough for you to see. You felt your face flush even warmer as you saw him hovering only a few inches above you, a mischievous glow in his eyes.

         He gently situated himself so that either of his hands and legs were on either side of you, his face directly above yours. You felt the cushion to your left sink as he shifted his weight, lifting his right arm to gently remove your hands from your face. You let him, too curious and flustered to think straight.

        He began to slowly lean forward, his eyes daring you to flinch, to chicken out and move away. Your eyes widened as you realized what he was going to do, and you felt a lump form in your throat as you panicked. What were you supposed to do? Of course, you wanted to kiss him, the anticipation flowing through your veins, but you had no idea how.

        He hovered even lower, his lips barely brushing against yours before he stopped, as if asking for your consent. You leaned up in answer, pressing your lips to his. You felt your cheeks heat up even more at the feeling, it being completely foreign to you. You smiled into the kiss, continuing until you were out of breath, him pulling away gently with a large, love-sick smile on his face.

        You sucked in the air, a small smile resting on your lips as you watched him do the same. You cocked your head to the side after you caught your breath, your mind filled with questions, but you only managed to voice one, “Why?”

        He shrugged, suddenly shy, “I didn’t want your first kiss to go to a total douche, and… I wanted to be your first because…” he sucked in a large amount of air, as if bracing himself for what he was about to say, “because I love you. I have for ages and haven’t mustered up the courage to tell you ‘til now and… yea.”

       You felt as if a massive weight had been lifted off your chest, a large smile blossoming onto your face. “I love you too Mikey. I have for a while.”

       You felt his breath fan over your face as he exhaled, the tension in his muscles immediately relaxing. “Thank god. It would’ve been super awkward if you didn’t.”

       You giggled, wrapping your arms around his neck and leaning forward, planting your lips on his once more. You could definitely get used to this.