#34 The Plates *Calum Hood*

"Calum?!" you shouted, tapping your foot impatiently. You had been looking for the plates for a solid ten minutes, but they weren’t anywhere near their original spot.

        “Yea babe?” he asked, sauntering into the kitchen.

        You crossed your arms, squinting scrutinously at him, “Where did you put the plates?” 

        He cocked his head to the side, feigning a confused expression. “I d’know babe.” 

        You rolled your eyes. He may be good at forcing facial expressions, but his eyes gave everything away. “Don’t act all clueless Cal. Where did you put them?”

         He shook his head, knitting his eyebrows together, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” His confusion was so spot on you almost believed him. Almost. His face and demeanor might have oozed innocence, but his eyes screamed mischief.

        “Stop acting all innocent and just tell me where they are so we can eat. I know you’re hungry,” you sighed, completely done with his crap. You were hungry and crabby, you’re patience and resolve wavering. Calum seemed to sense your anger and spoke up, seeming to have given up.

        “They’re in there,” he confessed, pointing to the third cupboard to the right.

         You smiled, reaching forward to open it. As it swung open, you furrowed your eyebrows, scanning the shelves for the cursed plates. Your gaze stopped at the top shelf, the plates sitting right on top, a place only Calum could reach. You turned around slowly, glaring at him menacingly. “You are a royal ass, Hood.”

        He shrugged, smirking cockily, “At least I’m royalty.”

        You rolled your eyes and sighed, turning back to the shelf and standing on your tip toes while stretching your arms up as high as you could. You fell back onto the balls of your feet with a huff, resting your hands on your hips as you glared at the plates. You tried once more, too stubborn to ask for Cal’s help. After a few seconds of you struggling to reach, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist, lifting you easily off the ground. You yelped in surprise, turning your head to look at Calum with wide eyes.  ”What’re you doing?” you asked, your face bright red.

        “What d’you think? I’m helping you,” he explained, grinning cheekily. You huffed, blushing slightly as you grabbed two plates, him carefully setting you back on your feet.

        “You could’ve just grabbed the plates for me,” you mumbled, witing for him to release your waist.

        “I know,” he sighed, pressing his lips to the top of your head. “But what’s the fun in that?”

        “You’re horrible,” you muttered, sassily stomping to the dining table to set the plates down, your cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

        “I love you too princess,” he replied, winking at you before sitting down, a satisfied smile on his face.

        You shook your head, a small smile wiping the annoyed scowl off of your face. What a jerk.