#41 Eyelash *Ashton Irwin*

“Hey guys,” you sing-songed.

       You were greeted by a chorus of hellos and smiles, making a large smile curve the corners of your lips. You glanced around the room, your eyebrow raising slightly as you saw the messy state it was in. There were cushions strewn across the room and various junk foods scattered along the carpet. Luke, Cal, and Michael were sitting in odd positions on the couch with Ash resting just below them on the floor.

       “Whatcha doin’?” you asked.

       Deciding it best to sit next to Ash then to try and weave yourself into the intricate tangle of limbs Cal, Luke, and Mikey made up on the couch, you plopped down on the floor, averting your attention to the television.

       “Playing FIFA,” Calum answered, returning his attention back to the video game.

       You rolled your eyes, a small grin on your face.

       “Yeah… it’s getting pretty intense,” Luke answered, his tongue sticking out slightly in concentration.

       Michael just nodded in agreement, too focused on the game to be bothered with replying verbally.

       “Who’s winning?” you asked, staring curiously at the screen.

       You grinned knowingly when Cal raised his hand, a victorious smile on his face.

       “I expected as much,” you spoke off-handedly, a small blush dusting your cheeks as Ash inconspicuously snuck his arm around your shoulders.

       You struggled to pretend that you didn’t notice, not wanting to make it awkward and have him remove his arm. You flicked your eyes toward him, smiling when you saw his expression. His eyebrows were furrowed slightly as he struggled to keep up with the game. He was unconsciously chewing on his bottom lip; the dimples that you adored showing faintly on his adorable, mushy cheeks. His hazel eyes were lit with curious interest; the green undertones incredibly prominent in the bright light the lamps and television emitted.

       Your eyes widened as his eyes moved and rested on you, a quiet giggle bubbling between his lips as he caught you staring. Your cheeks flushed crimson red, embarrassed at being caught. You watched, wide-eyed, as his brow furrowed slightly once again, his head cocking to the side by just a fraction of a degree.

    “You have a… an eyelash,” he raised his hand to his cheek, gesturing with his long pointer finger. You flushed beet red as you touched your right cheek with your fingertips, rubbing roughly.

      Your eyes widened as big as saucers as Ashton removed his hand from his cheek and moved it to your left one, cupping it gently. His thumb rubbed against your skin slowly, his lips tight and his forehead creased in concentration.

       After a few moments, Ash’s thumb rested, still, against your cheek, making you look up curiously. Your eyes met his beautiful orbs, and you found yourself grow entranced. Your eyes widened once more as you realized his great eyes were getting closer and closer, his face only millimeters away from yours. You felt your blush spread to your neck and just the beginning of your chest as you felt a scorching warmth brush softly against your cheek before the heat pressed firmly against your cheekbone. Before you could so much as react, the warmth was gone, the cold, air conditioned air flooding against your cheek, making your spine shiver slightly.

       You were knocked out of your thoughts by a low, nervous cough. You flashed your gaze toward the source of the noise, your eyes meeting Luke’s. You shifted your gaze to Cal and Mikey, all of them wearing the same shocked expression. You flushed once more, turning your sight back to Ash. He looked almost dazed, a large smile on his face.

        “I got it,” he whispered, winking cutely at you.

       You felt a mass of emotions flood your mind while a chorus of disgusted groans echoed behind you.

       “Get a room!” Michael shouted, throwing the controller on the floor.

        Ash stuck his tongue out at Michael before standing abruptly, holding his hand out to help you up.

       “Maybe we will!” he stated.

        You tossed your head back in laughter as you got up, Ash guiding you out of the room and through the front door, his massive hand entwined with yours. You laughed joyously as Ash ran forward, dragging you behind him. You admired Ash while you had the chance, the beautiful, white moonlight hitting him, making him look even more handsome, something you didn’t think was even possible. He stopped in front a lonely bench beside the sidewalk, sitting down before patting the spot next to him, a sweet, adoring smile adorning his beaming face.

       You both had a lot to talk about.