#29 Surfing *Ashton Irwin*

You rolled onto your side, struggling to get to sleep because of your jet-lag. You glanced at your boyfriend, Ashton, who was lying next to you on the bed, his back to you. You had just joined him and his band in LA because you were missing each other and you had a few weeks off from school and work. Suddenly, a sly smirk made it's way on your face and you softly tapped Ash on the shoulder.

        "Babe, wake up," you whispered, waiting for him to respond. You rolled your eyes when he didn't answer, shaking his shoulder a bit more roughly. He shifted slightly and you knew he was awake, him poking you a few times on the thigh. Afterwards, he pretended to still be asleep, his lips curled upwards slightly. "I know you're awake," you pressed, poking his cheek repeatedly.

        He groaned, batting your hand away grumpily. "What?", he turned toward you, opening his eyes slightly.

        You smiled in satisfaction, knowing that he knew it was pointless to try and fall back 'asleep'. "Twenty bucks says that you can't surf the waves here," you proposed, smiling brightly.

        He smiled tiredly, raising his eyebrow slightly, "And why would I surf in the first place?"

        You cocked your head to the side, scrunching your nose as your forehead creased, thinking of what to say. A few minutes later, your forehead smoothed, your seamless smile returning to your lips, "Because you need the money for a new pair of drum sticks."

        He squinted his eyes at you, his mouth pulled in a tight line. "How did you know that I broke my drum sticks?"

You shrugged, smiling smugly, "I didn't." You then turned away from him, shutting your eyes with a small smile on your face. Your smile enlarged as you felt his arms wrap around your waist, pulling you to his chest.

        "Sometimes, I really hate how you know me so well," he joked, his breath warm against your ear.

        You grinned, entwining your fingers with his, "I know." Soon after, you felt your eyes grow droopy, finally feeling sleepy.

        "G'night (Y/N)," he murmured, his arms relaxing around your smaller form.

        "G'night Ash," you whispered back, falling into a deep, dream-filled sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

        "Are you sure you want to do this?" you asked, your eyebrows raised in uncertainty.

        Ashton nodded, smiling brightly. "Yea! What's the worst that could happen?" he asked, turning around and walking toward the water, his surfboard clutched to his side.

        You shook your head, your face red as you watched Ash's retreating figure. You might have been worried, but you couldn't complain about the view. You then turned toward Luke, who was wearing a wet-suit identical to Ashton. "You make sure he doesn't get hurt okay?"

        He raised his eyebrows, an amused smile on his face, "And what makes you think I'll be any better at this than Ash?"

        You shrugged, pursing your lips, "You can snowboard can't you? You have way more experience with things that have to do with actually having to balance then Ashton."

        He nodded, smiling slightly, "True that."

        You watched as he joined Ashton in the water, both of them paddling into the sea. You felt a lump settle in your throat, your forehead creasing with worry. Regret began to bubble in your stomach. Maybe you shouldn't have bet him at all... He might get hurt. A loud whoop shook you from your thoughts, a small smile wiping the worry off your face as you saw Luke and Ash surfing a medium sized wave, the both of them only wobbling slightly. A few moments later, Ashton fell off his surf board onto Luke's, knocking the both of them into the water. Laughter bubbled out of your mouth, rocking your sides as you watched them pop out of the water, their hair a complete mess. "Are you okay?" you yelled, giggles coloring your voice.

        "Yea!" they shouted back, large smiles on their faces. Ash ran up to you, leaving Luke to get the surf boards scattered in the ocean.

        "It was awesome! You should try it!" he shouted enthusiastically, lacing his fingers with yours.

        You giggled and shook your head, squeezing his hand slightly, "I don't think so. I don't really fancy the idea of falling off of a moving surf board face first." You both laughed together, him wrapping his free arm around your waist. "Ew Ash! You're all wet!" You whined, trying to move away.

        He pulled you into his chest, squeezing you tightly against his drenched wet-suit, "I know I am! And now you are too!"

        "You're horrible you know?" you teased, pulling away and brushing your clothes off.

        "I know, and I also think you owe me a little something," he smirked, his hands still lingering around your waist.

        You shook your head in answer, smiling cheekily, "Nope. I don't owe you anything. You were only on it for like four seconds before you fell off onto Luke." You informed, smiling in victory.

        "But babe," he whined, squeezing your waist softy, "Luke pushed me off."

        You giggled, resting your hands on his biceps, "Really? 'Cause I could've sworn I saw you fall on Luke."

        "You're cruel," he groaned, resting his forehead against yours.

        You laughed airily, "Will I be less cruel if I give you a kiss?" You asked, wrapping your arms around his neck.

        He nodded, smiling brightly, "Maybe a little."

        You grinned, pushing yourself on your tip toes as your lips met his in a sweet kiss.

        "Okay, I feel a little better now," he muttered, a slight flush coloring his sea stained cheeks.

        "Mhm," you remarked, pressing your lips against his once more. He tasted of salt, just like the water.

        "Now I feel a lot better," he lilted, his hands moving up to remove yours from his neck, entwining yours with his.

        "How 'bout one more?" you smiled, happily pecking him again on the lips.

        He sighed dreamily as you pulled away, a large smile adorning both of your faces, "Perfect."