#67 Mother Knows Best *Luke Hemmings*

"Mom, I don't know what to do," Luke said anxiously as he paced back and forth in the hallway, mussing his hair with his fingers.

"Just make sure she takes some medicine and is drinking plenty of water. Also do whatever she askes like your life depends on it, because it does. Make sure you do everything in your power to make her feel better because you're her boyfriend, so act like it," Liz said sternly through the phone.

"Okay, okay. I can do this. Thanks, Mom," he said before hanging up, grabbing some medicine and water from the kitchen, and walking into your room.

"Hey, babe. You feeling okay?" he asked softly as he set the water and medicine on the bedside table before sitting on the bed and placing a gentle hand against your forehead.

"No," you groaned after letting out a couple of sickly coughs.

"Yeah, you're burning up."

He immediately pulled out a couple of pills and handed you the water, looking at you with worried eyes as you took the medicine.

"Thank you," you croaked out from under the three thick blankets Luke had gotten for you earlier.

"Is there anything you need? Is it too hot? Are you hungry? Do you want more water? Do you-"

"Baby, calm down, I'm fine," you said with the exhaustion in your eyes getting replaced by a flicker of mischief.

"Actually, I'm feeling a little cold... can you cuddle with me?" you asked innocently as you stared up at him with wide puppy dog eyes, knowing that he couldn't resist.

Breaking into a smile, Luke happily hopped under the covers with you and nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck. He kissed your collar bones carefully and ran his hand up and down your arm and you felt better almost instantly.

"Get some sleep, babe. Save your energy," he murmured quietly against your skin.

His lips brushed against your throat with every word and his hot breath fanned against your skin, sending shivers down your spine.

Thinking that your shivers were caused by the cold, he held onto you even tighter, practically enveloping your body with his own.

"I'll try."

Closing your eyes, you let Luke's steady breathing lull you to sleep. The last thing you felt before slipping under was his plump lips against the side of your jaw, and you couldn't help but smile as you were enveloped by his love.