#50 Beautiful *Michael Clifford*

Letting out a long, drawn out sigh, you stared at yourself in the mirror. Insecurity is a natural thing, everyone feels it one way or another, but with you, it never seemed to go away. It was a little voice in the back of your head constantly telling you that you shouldn't eat that, or you shouldn't sit that way, or you shouldn't wear that; it tore you apart.

You were clad in only a tank top and some pajama shorts, so everything could be seen. Suddenly feeling incredibly self-conscious, you felt tears spring up in the corners of your eyes and you glanced away from the mirror, not wanting to look at yourself anymore. Crossing your arms over your chest and walking away from the mirror, you sat down on the edge of the bed and got lost in your thoughts, which wasn't exactly a good thing. By the end of the minute, tears were flowing freely down your face, and you could do nothing to stop them no matter how hard you tried.

Sucking in a staggered breath, your gaze flashed to the door. The door knob turning quickly, you watched as your boyfriend of two years, Michael Clifford, walked through the door with sadness in his eyes.

Forcing a small smile on your face, you watched as he returned it before sitting next to you and cupping the side of your face with his hand. Rubbing your cheek carefully, he leaned forward and pressed a long, lingering kiss on your lips.

"Baby, you have to stop doing this to yourself," he said sadly as he gazed at you with his emerald green eyes.

"I can't," you stuttered out between sobs.

You hated that this happened so often that Michael knew what was running through your mind without even a second's hesitation.

Taking your hand in his, he gently lead you back to the door where your mirror was hanging. Not looking at your reflection, you felt his arms slip around your waist and bring you close to him.

Placing one hand atop yours, he brought his other hand up and tilted your chin so that you were looking at your reflection. Placing a firm but loving kiss on the side of your neck, he murmured into your skin, "Do you know what I see?"

"A girl with a boyfriend that's way out of her league?" you said without thinking.

"No, not even close," he said with a small smile on his lips, "I see a beautiful girl with beautiful eyes and a beautiful smile and a beautiful personality and a beautiful, sexy body."

Breaking into a half smile, you turned around and placed a long kiss on his scarlet lips, "You make me beautiful."

"No, you're beautiful with or without me, I just help you see it," he said sweetly before turning you around and cupping your cheeks, bringing you in for another kiss with his thumbs gliding over your cheeks to brush the rest of your tears away.

You were far from letting go of your insecurities, but maybe, just maybe, Michael could hold your hand and help you down the road away from them.