#65 Best Friend's Twin Sister *Calum Hood*

Being the twin sister to none other than Michael Gordon Clifford had its perks.

Like knowing that he always had your back no matter what, or spending late nights together playing video games and talking about anything and everything, or getting private mini concerts whenever he learned a new song on his guitar; but the best perk yet was definitely getting to see his best friend and bandmate, Calum Hood, all the time.

It was no secret between you and Michael that you had a crush on the kiwi, which is probably why he never left you alone with him. While he would never admit it, Michael was extremely overprotective of you, and he'd rather cut his own arm off than see Calum try to make moves on you.

But he didn't have to worry, because you were pretty sure you were nothing more than his best friend's little sister (by a couple minutes) to Calum.

You were pretty close with all of the boys. Memories of late nights and crazy adventures along with comforting words and shoulders to cry on were laced with them, and you loved all of them more than words could express.

They made going to every single one of their gigs worth it. You never missed one, not even their first. Being there to see them work for their dream always filled you with pride, and seeing the happy look on their faces whenever they spotted you in the crowd was enough motivation to keep you going. Calum also may or may not have a special something to do with it, too.

The mental image of his strong arms working his instrument as he jumped around the small stages they played managed to distract you for just a moment, but in that moment you didn't see the light turn red and the truck coming right towards you before it was too late.

~~~

Everything was black.

It felt like you were floating in the nothingness and you couldn't shake the feeling that something heavy was weighing on your chest.

It wasn't until the muffled voices reached your ears when you saw the light. It was a muted white light that surrounded your entire being.

As the voices grew louder, clearer, crisper, you became more aware of your body. The discomfort in your ribs and the heaviness of your left arm alarmed you but not as much as the voices. They sounded so upset.

And you knew... you knew that you were the reason for their pain.

That thought drove you forward and the muted light became brighter, and the voices were right next to you now, and you immediately recognized them to be Michael and Calum.

No parents. They were away on a trip.

The feeling of a hand in yours brought a tiny smile to your face and a gasp immediately hit your ears.

"She moved," a gravely voice that you knew was Calum's rang out.

"What? Where?," Michael remarked.

"Her lips. Look."

Silence.

"(Y/N)?"

That was Michael. He sounded so broken and it took everything in you to say something back.

"Hi."

You could hear Michael let out a breath as if he'd been holding it for forever, "Oh my god. Thank fuck you're awake."

Opening your eyes was even harder than talking.

All you saw was white at first, but everything came into focus after a couple seconds.

Michael was hovering right next to you, clutching your hand with what looked like a permanent worried crinkle between his exhausted eyes.

Calum was right next to him with red swollen eyes to match his tear-stained cheeks.