#15 Kindergarten *Michael Clifford*

"C’mon (Y/N)! Let’s go play!" your best friend shouted before running to the playground. You chased after her, giggling happily.

When you got to the playground, you could see there was only one other kid there. Everyone else was playing at the slides.

You walked over to your friend and pointed at the boy, “Let’s go play with him!”

Your friend shook her head, “No way! He’s weird.”

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, “But we’ve never talked to him before… why do you think he’s weird?”

“He’s always alone,” she whispered, “and he looks weird.”

You looked at your friend, appalled by her attitude. “You’re a meanie!” you shouted, stomping away from her and toward the boy with your dress flowing behind you, “Hello! I’m (Y/N). What’s your name?” you asked confidently with a wide smile on your face.

He looked up, surprised to see you standing in front of him. He then glanced around, trying to see if you were talking to someone else. After realizing it was just you and him, he looked up at you, blushing faintly.

“Are you talking to me?” he wondered, pointing at himself.

You giggled, nodding your head.

“My name’s Michael,” he answered, his voice quiet.

“Okay Mikey!” you smiled. “Do you wanna play with me?”

“Y-yes please,” he smiled, blushing at the nickname you gave him.

You giggled and scrambled toward him before poking his arm and dashing away, “You’re it!”

You both ran around the playground, screaming excitedly as you tried to catch each other.

After you both grew tired, you climbed up the monkey bars and sat on the top. Michael copied your actions, plopping next to you.

He spoke suddenly, looking at you, “Thank you for playing with me.”

You smiled brightly, “You're welcome! It was a lot of fun!”

You looked at him, a worried expression on your face, “We’re best friends now… right?”

Michael looked at you with surprise, “You want to be best friends with me?”

You nodded with a wide of grin on your face.

“I’ve never had a best friend before,” he murmured.

Your mouth opened in surprise, “Never?”

He nodded his head, glancing at you shyly.

Your eyes glowed with determination and you puffed out your chest, “Then I promise I will be your bestest best friend forever!”

Michael’s face brightened, a smile gracing his features, “I will be a bestest best friend for you too!”

Suddenly, you heard a loud whistle signaling that recess was over.

“Aw,” you pouted, looking up at Michael, “I don’t wanna go back.”

“Me too,” he frowned. 

Your eyes widened and you stuck your pinky out with a pleading look in your eyes, “Promise that we can play together tomorrow!”

He wrapped his pinky around yours, smiling brightly, “Promise.”