#32 Hit Me Baby One More Time *Michael Clifford*

"Michael?!" you shouted, shutting the door behind you and slipping your shoes off. You tossed them carelessly next to the front door, setting your purse down on the small bench next to the shoe rack. "Mikey?" you called once more, your voice a little quieter. You sighed when he didn’t answer, humming softly as you made your way upstairs, walking toward your and Michael’s shared bedroom. 

        As you climbed up your stairs, you could just barely hear Michael singing, but you had no idea what. Once you reached the top of your stairs, you slowed your pace, your steps barely audible. You giggled quietly as you stopped in front of the bathroom, pressing your ear to the door so you could hear better.

        “I must confess, I still believe! When I’m not with you I lose my mind! Give me a sign! HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME!” Michael sung, belting his lungs out.

        You quickly swung the door open, laughing like a hyena when you saw Michael with one of his legs on the bathroom counter, your hair brush in hand with your sunglasses covering his eyes. His head immediately snapped toward you, your sunglasses flinging off of his face revealing his wide eyes.

        You clutched your stomach, doubling over as you shook with laughter, tears running down your face. “W-what the— what the heck Michael?!” you questioned, your words just barely coherent.

        “N-nothing,” he stuttered, his whole face and neck covered with a deep crimson blush. “I wasn’t doing anything,” he lied, awkwardly placing his foot back on the floor while shoving the brush back in the drawer.

        “So I didn’t just hear you singing ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’?” you asked, your eyebrows raised mockingly.

        He shook his head violently, so fast you were afraid he was going to hurt his neck, “Nope. I most definitely was NOT singing that song.”

        “Mhm,” you hummed sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

        “You better not tell anyone,” he mumbled, crossing his arms in a pout.

        You smirked playfully, “Yeah, it’s not like I got it on tape or anything…”

        “Babe!” he groaned, his face flushing even brighter.

        “I’m kidding! I’m kidding,” you reassured, holding your arms up. You smiled as he stepped toward you, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his chin on the top of your head.

        “You’re never going to let me live this down are you,” he sighed, his hands rubbing the small of your back.

        You smirked mischievously, leaning your forehead against his shoulder, “Nope,” you giggled, popping the ‘p’. You were going to make his life a living hell, and it was going to be hilarious.