#62 Bookworm *Calum Hood*

Author AU

"Babe, guess what?" Calum asked with an excited smile on his face as he waltzed up to you, his hands behind his back.

"Did you finish your next chapter?" you asked rather loudly, not being able to control your volume for how excited you were.

Setting aside the book you were currently reading, you slid over on the small couch and patted the spot next to you with anticipation.

There was no routine to Calum's writing. A new chapter could come as little as a week after the last he had shown you to a couple of months, but either way his writing was always amazing. It warmed your heart to know that you were first person to ever read any of his writing.

Handing you a thick wad of stapled papers, you hurriedly grabbed the papers from him before placing a quick kiss on his lips and beginning to read. He had ended the last chapter on a killer cliffhanger and you had been waiting anxiously to read what had happened.

Calum watched with a soft gaze as you read the writing that he constantly poured his energy into. The writing that kept him up 'til the sunrise because he was struck with amazing inspiration. The writing that made him want to pull his hair out when everything he put down on paper never seemed to be right. He knew that if it weren't for you, he would've given up on his story a long time ago, but seeing your face light up every time he had new material kept him motivated to push on.

You let out a sigh of relied when you finished the chapter and threw your hands around his neck for a long kiss.

"Thank you for not killing my favorite character."

"You're welcome (Y/N)... but no promises," he said teasingly, kissing the tip of your nose lovingly.

Rolling your eyes, you cuddled into his chest before adding the bundle of papers to the large stack of chapters that were situated on the end table in front of you, "You're my favorite."

"Your favorite what?" he asked curiously with one eyebrow cocked.

"My favorite author, my favorite book, and my favorite person," you said with conviction.

"Really?" he asked as he pulled away from you, biting his lip nervously.

"Yes," you said without hesitation, "I love you and your amazing story telling skills."

You watched as his lips quirked up in the corners before he pulled you close and smashed his lips against yours, murmuring against your lips, "I love you too."

Moving so that the both of you were lying on the sofa with his back on the cushions and you lying face down on top of his chest, you cuddled into him and played with his hands as you discussed what you thought would happen next.

Calum loved how your eyes glowed with passion as you talked about his story, and he couldn't help the warmth in his chest as he listened to each theory that you came up with. He thought he was the luckiest guy in the world to have you, his little bookworm, by his side.