Darcy and Matt have a special bond. Nothing more than best friends. They had to dial down on their playful banter when he started to date Elena, which was kind of sad as they like to joke around with each other.

"Five minutes heads up. I'm meeting Elena." Bonnie says.

Matt shifts, uncomfortable, clearing his throat, "How's she doing? I can't get a read."

"Her mum and dad died. How do you think?" Bonnie shoots Darcy a sad smile, upon noticing her staring down at the table, "She's putting on a brave face, it's tough. Ask Darce."

Matts nudges Darcy. She looks up and shrugs, jostling his arm up and down, "It's been four months. We all need time. We'll be okay, with some adjustments." He squeezes her shoulder in comfort, seeing the sadness reflecting in her eyes, she's trying hard to hide. Matt knows Darcy; she can't hide anything from him.

Bonnie kicks Darcy, causing her to jump "What the hell, Bon?" Reaching down to rub her leg. She stops looking to where Bonnie was staring. Elena and Stefan enter the grill together.

"Baby sis grew some balls," Darcy says, her face lights up. She stands up with Matt and heads over to the pair, just as Caroline joins the booth, watching with a judgemental look, "Poor Matty."

"Hmm, I don't think we need to worry about Matt," Bonnie says, thinking back to their previous encounter.

Caroline whips her head, blonde hair flying, "What? Why?"

"Just watch." Is all Bonnie says, nodding in their direction as they approach Elena and Stefan.

🖤💜🖤

Elena gestures to Matt, "Have you met yet?"

Matt sizes up Stefan, who holds his hand out. He looks at it before shaking, "Hey, I'm Matt. Nice to meet you." Matt said.

"Hey. I'm Stefan." Stefan said. The four shift uncomfortably.

Matt turns to Darcy, seeing her smug stare fixated on her sister. Stepping closer, he speaks in a low whisper, Chat later?. She peers up at him and nods before hugging him goodbye.

Elena watched the interaction with an odd sense in her gut, throwing them a suspicious glance. Her eyes flicker over to Matt then back to her sister who's watching him walk over to the pool table with Tyler. Although, she's got nothing to worry about. They will always be friends, and isn't she moving on? She broke up with Matt did she not?

"Come on we can sit with BonBon," Darcy says refusing to meet Elena's demanding eye contact as she leads them over to the booth. Caroline has returned. They hug each other, bonnie shifts aside letting Darcy clamber in and seat between them.

Stefan and Elena seat opposite them.

"So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asked, beginning the interrogation.

"Mmm. I was born here. I missed it." Stefan replies, looking at the girls surrounding the large booth, all eyes locked on him.

"Parents?" Bonnie questions, tapping the straw in her drink.

"My parents passed away." Stefan's eyes flick between the sister's, catching Darcy's scrutinisation. She shoots him a cheeky smile, making his lips twitch.

Darcy pulls out her phone, texting Jeremy who texted saying he's going home. She's not interested in the depressing talk at the table.

"I'm sorry," Elena says, sending him a sad smile, kicking her sister in the leg, she gets no response back, purposely ignoring her.

"Thank you." Stefan nods, his curious green eyes still resting on the ebony hair's silent form. Elena sees and does not like the sudden interest Stefan shows towards her sister. Why is it always her? She scoots closer until her thigh rubs his, bringing his attention back to her.

"No, siblings?" Bonnie asks, bringing Darcy's attention back to the table.

Stefan hesitates, bristling at the question, "None that I talk to... I live with my uncle."

Darcy glanced up, catching the subtle meaning. Their gazes meet, something passes between them. She nods understanding, goes back to texting Jeremy. Not her business.

"So, Stefan, If you're new you don't know about the party tomorrow," Caroline asked, leaning forward.

"It's a back to school thing at the falls," Bonnie explained.

"Are you two going?" Stefan asked the sisters, his gaze resting longer on the older sister.

Darcy sighs nodding, standing up, she pockets her phone, takes her bag and goes around hugging the girls. She stops, and bends down to Stefan, whispering into his ear, "Hurt her. I hurt you, got it?" He chuckles, he likes this girl. "I won't she's safe with me." He promises, watching her walk away. He's got a feeling he has a lot in store on his hands with Darcella Gilbert around.

🖤 Let me know your thoughts by voting and commenting. I would love to hear what you think and how I could improve myself! 🖤

 I would love to hear what you think and how I could improve myself! 🖤