_CHAPTER{20}_

Profound Jealousy

It was lunch time, when finally, Alishaa appeared on the camera heading towards the stairs, there could only be one place she was going to at this hour. Faaris quickly took his suit jacket and walked out of his office, the rushed towards the closing elevator and entered, he tapped on the last floor.

He reached the last floor fully suited on, he looked at the stairs and she came down jumping on the stairs. His heart fluttered at the sight of her acting like her usual self. Sad Alishaa is not something he would ever want to see again.

His mind went back to when Rashid, told him he might have feelings for her but he decided to push it aside, scared it could be through.

With the way his mind is drifting and his heart skipping beats he is not sure how long he would keep escaping asking himself, just like now. He pushed his mind into thinking about why Alishaa uses the stairs instead of the elevator.

Alishaa stepped in front of him and said, "Hey! Salaam" Alishaa said, smiling and glancing around the hallways checking if they were being stared at, she would hate to be the topic of the week. Luckily it was empty except for the security men standing.

"Wa'alaikumSalaam" he replied, clearing his throat.

"What are you doing here?" she bit her tongue hearing the question she had asked, "Walking" he deadpanned. She sighed loudly and asked, "You going for lunch?"

He put his hands in his pockets answering, "The guys are in the cafeteria, you going there?"

She nodded looking down her wristwatch, "I mean no, I am going out for lunch with a friend" his shoulders slumped a little as he said, "I thought you didn't have friends except us?"

"Yeah, he is long lost friend and I found out he lives here now" she explained tapping her fingers repeatedly on her tote bag hanged on her shoulders. "So, he is a he?" as he asked Alishaa noticed the drop of his mood but thought she could just be over analyzing things or else why would he be bothered with her going out for lunch.

"Yeah, i have been ditching him which is bad of me, so I'm making it up" she explained further as she felt the need to do that. Her mouth dropped as he said, "Right, but that is haram"

"And how is that haram? It is just a friendly dinner and we went to school together, he helped me a lot the least I could do is"

"I told you already" he let out a dramatic sighed, "Nah I don't believe that, besides I can't break a promise" she pouted and pressed her lips together.

"So, you still going?" he asked seconds later, she looked up at him and shrugged, "Go then" he said and charged towards the staircase. She stared at his figure walking away still confused when she noticed Dhruv waiting patiently by a grey colored Range Rover on the front lawn. She walked up to him instantly. She must have kept him waiting long, she thought.

"Salaam," he said sighting her. He stood straight straightening his blazer. "Wa'alaikumSalaam, sorry I kept you waiting long"

"Don't worry, I should be glad you decided to meet me" she sent him a pressed smile, "Don't say that" she said looking away embarrassingly. "No, I meant it in a good way not the Alishaa"

"What a way to call me out" he chuckled raising his hands in surrender. "Just teasing you...so let's go?" he asked breaking the awkward silence. She glanced at her watch calculating how many minutes she has left and how she can end this lunch early. Faaris killed her meeting spirit already.

"Yeah, it shouldn't be far. I can't be late to work or King will send me out without thinking twice"

"We won't let that happen" he chuckling at the face she made. "Wait did you notice something?" he asked suddenly, she looked around then back at him shaking her head. He patted the bonnet of his Range Rover, "My days, its yours?" she asked holding her hands together. He nodded his neck turning red as he rubbed it. "I am happy for you, you always said you'd buy it, Allahumma Barik" he blinked once, slowly as if trying to captivate the moment. He looked away and gulped, "Thank you" he said moments later as her eyes wandered over the car happily.