_CHAPTER {13}_

My it girl

Alishaa slowly started gaining consciousness, a sweet scent of oud hitting her nose rills, her eyes flutter open as she tried to read it. She sat straight on the couch she was lying on, her brows furrowing at the unfamiliar place. It looked like an office. It has to be an executive one, because it is very wide for a normal office. She placed her hands down on the leather couch feeling the material, it is as elegant as she had guessed.

She looked down at herself, her hijab was still on her and her gloves were on her hands too. She sighed in relief, and started looking around the office. A big wooden desk was at the middle of the room, it was surrounded by three black leather Seat. There was a flat tv screen on the wall beside her. Next to it, was a single door then big glass windows that had caught her attention, completely. She slowly stood up and walked to the window, her eyes widened at the view before her, full display of the city. It looks as though it was live movie frame. She looked down the streets, cars were going and coming. For a minute she wished this was a sight she wakes up to.

She looked up at the sky and slowly started to panic as she realized it was already night time. "Ya Allah it is night time where I'm I?" She sat down trying to remember the last place she was before ending up here.

"The last thing I remember is the meeting and the truth...Faaris!!" her furrowed her brows, aligning her thoughts, "he lied to me-" her muttering stopped when the big wooden doors opened. Her heartbeat quickened, she silently gazed at the door, holding her scarf tightly. Waiting for the door to completely open.

"Alhamdulillah, you are awake" she sighed in relief after seeing it was Faaris, and then she turned red and started sweating remembering the last conversation she had with him in the cafeteria.

"Where I'm I?" she asked, "Er....my office, don't worry I just talked to Aunt Nadiya and-"

Before he could finish his sentence, she cut him off saying, "Okay, thank you, bye" he pressed his lips together putting his hands in his pockets as she turned to the single white door near her.

"Where exactly are you going?" he asked, "Home" She replied opening the door, she froze looking inside the grey tiled toilet. She slowly closed the door clearing her throat, "That's a toilet" she looked back at him, he shrugged looking at her. She cleared throat again looking down her shoes, "Ohg! I thought I was done with today's embarrassment! Where is the way out?" she mumbled out some seconds later.

"I will take you home" he said, going to his desk. "There's no need for that I will just go" she answered spotting her handbag on couch, "I already promised aunt Nadiya, I will take you home" he closed his laptop taking his car keys, he turned to her. "Don't worry, I will tell her you took me back, where's the door?" she argued back, he nodded then pointed the door, "There" she nodded and quickly went out. She looked at the unfamiliar corridor, she was about to turn back to ask him the way down when she saw a sign that had STAIRCASE written on it. She followed the sign and walked down the stairs on the way she recognized she was still in the company, after reaching R and D floor.

"For sure this company is big!!!" she said breathing heavily as she finally reached the reception. The environment was very quiet as though it wasn't the normally crowded company. She waved at the guard by the door and walked to the parking lot. Where she parked her car in the morning, but her car wasn't there and the only car parked is Faaris's. She sat on a bench looking at the parking lot thinking about car, the only thing is actually ever purchased with her own money.

"It wasn't stolen" said a voice behind her making her jump up and scream in a high-pitched loud voice, while closing her eyes, "Please stop screaming, it is just me" Faaris said closing his ears with his hands, hearing his voice she kept quiet.

"Oh, it is just you, why are you here?" she asked, looking at him skeptically, "To buy food" he replied sarcastically, "But they don't-" she started replying to him then realized he was being sarcastic. "Let's go" he said, looking at his wrist-watch, "Go where?"

He glanced then sighed, "Home and if you try to argue, I leave you" he stated sternly. "Go, it's not like I want to go with you" she rolled her eyes, sitting back on the bench with a puff.

He instantly started thinking of a better solution, he didn't know it will be that hard to persuade her.

"Okay then, please call me when the guys with rats come" he said and started walking to his car,

"Why will they bring rats?" she jumped up holding her bag tightly. He smirked then turned to her, "Because they are insects around. They have been eating the flowers and also attacking the security. The insects include cockroaches, grasshoppers and a lot more that I don't even know their names" he said sadly, then sighed and turned to the car, purposely walking slowly. She gulped looking down, she held her dress tightly.

"Bye" he said again seeing she was trying to convince herself. "Wait for me" she called after him, he stopped and raised his brow. "Why? I thought you said you will not go with me"

She raised her hands in surrender, "No, I said I would go with you so that mammy wouldn't worry about me" he shrugged and unlocked the car with the remote whilst smirking.

The drive was silent, too silent to Faaris seeing that he is with Alishaa. He was used to her non-stop rambles. He had wondered how she would react after she finding out he lied to her and the silence was not something he excepted. He glanced at her and she was staring out the window, seeming to be in her own world. "Why did you lie to me?" she suddenly asked. Sure, the question has been lingering in her mind but she didn't expect herself to blurt it out. "Err...it is just that, I..." he stuttered. She glanced at him then nodded.

I should've prepared an answer!

"That you didn't trust me?" she pushed. He dares not say what is on his mind, scared she would see him as stupid. Hearing his silence, she made of her mind. "Stupid of me to ask, we just met a month ago and-"

He shook his head and said, "No, that's not it"

"Then?" Since meeting him, there is only one thing she tried to do, read him. But with his short response and blank expressions it was hard. She concluded maybe he is someone who has a hard time opening up even to the little things but after discovering he lied about his identity, she didn't know what to believe. "I just-" he tried again but ended up keeping quiet. Who would believe this is the first he had faced a situation like this?

"It is okay" she simply said, but her mind was far from been okay with the situation. She wanted to confront him, wanted to let out her rage. Wanted to ask if his name is actually Faaris?

Sighing at her thoughts she looked at the window, noticing they reached their neighborhood, she unstrapped the seatbelt and opened the door the moment the car stopped.

She held the door and looked back at him, she said, "Oh right, thank you for bringing me home and for taking care of me when I fainted" he took a deep breath and started explaining. He normally would let situations be until he is in his right mindset, but with Alishaa he was restless and just wanted to clear the air, "I know I did wrong for lying to you and I-"

She shook her head cutting short, "It's okay. It is not like we are friends or relatives or anything of that sort, it doesn't matter" she said and walked away. He stared at her as she walked away, he doesn't know why but it is hurting him. It feels as though he lost someone again. He rested his head on the car seat closing his eyes. A sentence his grandma once told him played in his mind,

"A girl will come into your life, she will confuse you, she will be all you will think about and the only one to truly understand you"

He opened his eyes and looked back at the empty entrance. "Could she be the one?" he whispered. He let out a sad chuckle and shook his head. "Nahh, it is not possible, get your head together Faaris!!" He scolded himself and got out of the car.

Hello beautiful people 💕
How is going??