_CHAPTER {9}_

Not on purpose

Alishaa stared at the ground insulting herself, not knowing what to tell him she kept quiet listening to her fast-beating heart. "Why did you lie to me?" he asked. Normally he would just ignore her and everything related to her as he always hated people who lie but with her, he didn't even consider that. He found himself making excuses as to why she had lied to him.

She turned blinking repeated, only one solution played in her mind, "Err...I Director Renzo?" she said looking behind him, "Renz-" he turned around but quickly turned back remembering her trick. She was already gone. He ran to the elevator but she wasn't anywhere, she probably must have taken the staircase.

Alishaa ran out, breathing heavily and didn't stop until she reached the design department, some of the lights were off, she scaring her a bit but shook it off. The sooner she finishes the earlier she gets to go home.

She walked to Riyaa's office hoping she wouldn't meet Faaris on the way. Riyaa's office was locked when she came, she sighed looking down at the fabric, she decided to keep it on the secretary's desk and made her way out of the building.

When she walked out not a single soul present. Remembering she didn't come with her car, she gulped, holding tightly onto the strings of her backpack. She whispered some prayers and started matching down the street hoping to make it to a bus stop quickly. She was halfway down the street when some of the lights on the streets shut themselves up.

She started breathing heavily but continued walking, she caught a bus stop meters away from her, the only place that had lights, she decided to sit by it and look for an Uber.

She sat on the bench looking everywhere, she removed her phone from the pocket of her coat, her hand shaking. She tried calling for an Uber but it wasn't going through, she dialed her mother's and other three friends from the compound but all numbers but weren't going through either.

She sighed, hitting her phone on the bench next to her. Her fear was increasing by the second, she kept on tapping her hands on the bench, saying "SubhanalAllah" repeatedly and stumping her legs on the floor.

"Alishaa?" A familiar voice said, she slowly looked up and met with Faaris's confused and worried face. She stared at him, thinking it was maybe just her imagination and he isn't really here.

"Are you okay?" he asked again coming close, "Yes" she replied realizing he was actually standing. "What are doing here? And Alone?" she stood up taking her phone, his eyes dropped to her hand that was vigorously shaking, adding to his worries.

"I didn't come with my car today-" She stopped breathing out, he took a step towards her but seeing her unconscious reaction was to move back. He went back to his stance.

She breathed out then continued, "Because it has a problem and I worked over time so that's how it happened" He nodded putting her hands in his pockets, thinking of how to handle the situation.

"How comes you are the only one working over time?" he asks, "Because I am an assistant to design team!" He nodded and was going to say something but got cut off by her, "Please don't ask me what happened?"

"I wasn't going to ask that! Come with me and I will drop you home" He started walking to his Mercedes GLE 63 parked across the road, "No I will just wait for a bus or a-"

"Buses won't come for about an hour and I am sure you don't want to stay here for another hour" He raised his brows waiting for her reply, "Yeah right! But I don't want to be a burden or-"

He sighed making her stop, "Are we seriously having this argument? Because we are both tired!

"So, you coming or not?" he asked sternly looking at her, "Okay I am coming" she replied and followed him to his car. "Seat belts" he said starting the car, she groaned rolling her eyes "Is it necessary?" she whined, he stared at her raising his left brow. "Fine" she mumbled and buckled her belts.