episode⑱

Namjoon had decided to go see Jin.

He'd taken the bus and gotten all the way to Jin's stop, but then couldn't seem to get off the damn thing.

Damn.

So instead, he'd found himself at a coffee shop at the next stop. He could refuel and try again. He could do it. He could. Yes. He would do it. Maybe.

He had found a nice seat by the window when he noticed a man walk in. A man he knew. A man he hated with almost every fiber of his being.

Sandeul. Jin's friend.

Just for a moment he wished he'd receive his drink so he could throw it in the jerk's face. And funnily enough he did, but, decided that Sandeul probably wasn't worth his $4.45. Instead, he took a quick swig as he eyed Sandeul suspiciously. Ordering: not super suspicious. Paying... okay, model citizen we see, that's fine.

He took a moment to take another sip of his coffee.

Mmm, floral.

Fuck. No fuck that was flower water. He just drank fucking flower water.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit SHIT!

Namjoon leaned over the vase awkwardly so he could try and spit the murky gunk out of his freaking mouth but of course... his luck.

"Namjoon?"

He nearly choked and was forced to... swallow.

He coughed a few times before he was able to regain his composure.

"Uh huh, yeah yeah and you are?"

"Sandeul? We've met a few times no?"

Namjoon smiled distantly, barely listening to the words coming out of the man's mouth as he tried desperately not to cough again.

"Right, yeah, you're right!" He laughed nervously. "So, um...See ya around."

He tried to get up and walk out but he couldn't quite make himself open the door. Reluctantly, he bit back his pride and returned to where the man stood.

"Sorry... Um, god I shouldn't be asking you this but I figure," Namjoon wanted to scream, "You know him best right... so," he took a deep breath. "How's Jin?"

Sandeul turned to face him, a confused frown on his face.

"You're right you shouldn't be asking me."

Namjoon nodded slowly, disappointed. "Right right, sorry, so uh" he backed away slowly and raised a hand in farewell.

"Namjoon wait." The man looked utterly exasperated and Namjoon found it hard to believe Jin was best friends with such a prick.

"Yeah?"

Sandeul pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath. "Do you want to sit and talk?"

Namjoon glanced at the seat cautiously. "I mean... I do have places to be..."

Sandeul glared at him. "About Jin."

Namjoon turned around faster than someone standing in front of a train. "Yeah yeah totally." He sat down quickly too, a little afraid that the impatient man would change his mind.

There was a moment of silence as Namjoon just looked at him eagerly and Sandeul chose to gaze out the window, thinking.

"Look, Jin's having a really hard time, I'm sure you know that. You definitely aren't helping in any way I mean c'mon the first time refusing to speak to him and now-"