episode㉘

Hoseok woke up to the sound of coffee being ground loudly downstairs. It took him a few moments to remember and grasp everything that had happened the night before. Mostly, this involved thinking about Yoongi.

He smiled and buried his face into the pillow in an attempt to smother the joy on his face. "Stupid Yoongi..."

He hummed and finally got up off the floor where he'd been sleeping. They'd landed on Taehyung and Jungkook in the bed, Jimin on the window seat, and Hobi on the floor, because he had a bad back and was able to convince them it helped.

Quickly washing up and changing, Hobi headed downstairs to find Jimin and Jungkook sitting quietly at the counter. They both looked on edge and sat with four chairs between, them eating breakfast.

"Hey guys... What are we eating?"

Jimin barely looked up and flicked his wrist towards the kitchen. "Yours is in there."

Hobi nodded skeptically and went to grab the meal. "We okay gentlemen?"

Jungkook glanced at Jimin nervously who still refused to look up from his breakfast. It was pretty clear he hadn't slept well the night before.

"Hang over? Really? You look awful Jimin..."

Jimin was quiet for a minute. Finally, he cleared his throat and got up, bringing his dish to the sink. Hoseok gave Jungkook a questioning look while Jimin washed his dish in total silence. Jungkook just shook his head in a worried way.

Hobi frowned and turned back to Jimin who was drying his hands.

"Did something happen Chim?"

Jimin tapped a hand against the counter and pursed his lips, deep in thought. "Yeah," He looked up and gestured to Hoseok half-heartedly, "Yoongi texted me. He canceled your date today."

The three men sat in a quiet standoff, Jungkook watching as Jimin stared down Hoseok, Hoseok's frown only deepening as he took a long moment to process and think.

"Did he say why...?"

Jimin shook his head and turned his back on the men. "I have to run an errand, I'll see you after work Hobi, and... sorry."

Hoseok knew Jimin felt bad that he told Hobi in that way but it still bugged him. Almost like Jimin was using it to deflect Hoseok's questions about his own life problems? But then again, Hobi had no idea what was going on so he let it go. He had bigger things to worry about, like why on earth his Yoongles would cancel their date after the other night?? Everything had gone so well...

He sighed and turned back to the counter after Jimin slipped out the back, jumping slightly when he noticed Jungkook still sitting there. "Jeez, uh... sorry you scared me..."

Jungkook nodded quietly, not really seeming to care. He also had better things to worry about. "Hey, uh Hobi... Could I ask yo-"

Hoseok eyes lit up and he cut Jungkook off. "Hey wait Kook you could actually help me with this!"

Jungkook frowned. He wasn't really in a place to be helping other people, he had enough problems of his own. Sadly, Hobi didn't really give him a chance to decline.

"What do you think is going through Yoongi's head right now?"

Jungkook frowned and glanced around, he felt a little uncomfortable. "What-What exactly are you asking?"

Hoseok shook his head, thinking. "It doesn't make sense..." He glanced back at Kook, "I just need a second opinion, see if maybe I'm missing something..."