episode㉛

"Where were you two?!!"

Jimin lunged at them as Hobi and Jungkook finally entered the café around 9:15pm, Hobi immediately throwing a protective arm in front of Jungkook.

"I- oh my god" Jungkook's face drained of its previous smile as he took in the scene. "F-four o'clock..." The boy moaned into his hands, "Shit shit shit I'm so sorry Jimin!"

Taehyung stood at the counter, observing them with a disappointed frown. "Hobi?"

Hoseok winced and nodded. "It's my fault guys I-"

"We were talking to my friend and missed our bus stop! S-sorry..." Jungkook glanced at Hobi with large, scared eyes and Hoseok was about to question it when Jimin cut in.

"For FIVE HOURS?!!"

Jungkook winced, slightly clinging to Hobi's arm as he nodded. "It was m-my fault."

Hoseok sighed and eventually gave in. He wasn't about to let Jungkook down. He could lie for him.

Taehyung finally spoke up again after a long moment of Jimin just seething in silence. "Is that true Hoseok?"

Shit. Tae could always tell when he was lying. So, instead he chose a different stance.

"Yah! He just said it himself, you should trust him!"

Taehyung frowned, clearly hurt, "I just mea-"

"No, you both are ridiculous!" Hobi was raising his voice now, he was letting his emotions take over and it was dangerous but damn, he didn't care. "Your friend missed one shift! It was a mistake and he apologized! You should both be ashamed of yourselves for acting this way!"

Jimin scowled. "Jung Hoseok do not speak to us that way! You are on no high horse right now!"

"Why?! Do you not care how he" Hobi gestured to JK's timid presence, "feels when you guys act this way?! He isn't a kid, he's your friend, so stop parenting him!"

Taehyung scowled and glared at Hoseok. "People need guidance Hoseok. Jimin's right, you don't get to act like you're all responsible yourself."

Hobi licked his lip, his face had fallen.

"Right cause I'm just a fuck up who can't figure out his life..." Hobi lifted his gaze; it was laced with intimidating resent. "Unlike you two, right? Who can't even get over themselves to realize for one second" he laughed sarcastically, "that they're just as fucked as I am...?"

Silence hung in the air like frigid winter wind. Thick and painful, and drowning out everything around it.

Hobi glanced at Jungkook who refused to look up. He looked back to Jimin and Taehyung, mumbling "Yeah, that's what I thought."

He sighed. He was pissed and really really needed to get out but he couldn't just leave JK. Finally, he decided he probably wasn't super welcome at the moment, so quickly leaning over and giving Jungkook a side hug, he mumbled in his ear. "I'm sorry, I'll text you, okay?" Before heading out the door into the night.

With nowhere to go.

+ + +

"Mmhmm, yeah..." Yoongi leaned against his kitchen counter, one hand to his ear. "I will, don't worry. Yeah really..." He sighed. "I'm sorry mom, yeah. Okay, let me know. Of course I'm worried I just, you know dad. Sure, sure, okay I gotta go now mom, stay healthy and don't worry too much. Of course, I will... Yes. Goodnight..."