chapter 29

song: diamonds
by: rihanna
(i don't stan rihanna anymore after she made that deeply offensive and inappropriate song but this song particularly fits this chapter)

hi(: thank you for 1K reads so im surprising y'all with another chapterrr in celebration hehe

i probs won't update again until maybe the weekend but plz wish me luck on my finals. i got essays to write sighh.

sending my readers immense love(: happy december

-zee

.............

"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Terra!" A series of shouts erupted in the Hufflepuff common room the moment I entered. I jumped back with a yelp as my friends rushed over with excitement, holding a small banner with my face on it, colorfully written with the words, 'Happy 13th birthday Terra'.

"Oh my God!" I shrieked with enthusiasm, my heart nearly jumping out of my chest with utter excitement. Loads of gifts and goodies were stuffed in my arms. Justin and Hannah were singing some song that I hadn't heard of but I nodded my head along with them. "Thank you—I don't know what to say." I laughed with embarrassment.

Susan walked over and crushed me in a hug. "Thank you for being my best friend, happy birthday. Make sure you open the letter when you're alone," she whispered while placing a large gift bag in my arms.

"I will but you didn't have to—"

"Terr-Bear!" A joyful voice yelled. I cringed at the nickname Justin had created for me. He walked forward and threw his arms around me.

"Please, not the awful nickname, Justin." I sighed, while fighting for breath under his hold.

"Nonsense. I think it suits you perfectly. I got you tons of stuff this year." I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off. "And you can't say no to them!" My mouth drooped with disapproval. It was clear that Justin still had feelings for me, and I couldn't help but feel bad about not being able to reciprocate it in the way he felt. I noticed Hannah cast me a sideways glance at Justin's gestures. Lately, she had grown close to Justin and I was beginning to think that she felt something for him. Was I about to be stuck in the middle of a triangle?

"By the way, you have a letter from your mother," said Ernie Macmillan, gesturing to the large table near the fireplace.

"Really?" I asked excitedly as I ran past them towards the table. There sat my mother's letter, written in the beautiful handwriting of hers that I adored.

"Are you gonna open it?" Susan asked. I nodded my head and tore open the top of the envelope. I adjusted my eyes to read my mother's small handwriting. She wrote in perfect paragraphs, every single word spelled out in beautiful loops of cursive. I examined the paper further, trying to make out the words that suddenly seemed to grow fuzzier in front of me...

......

"Wake up, wake up sleepyhead! I didn't know it was your bloody birthday!" A voice yelled in my ear. I felt a pillow smack itself against my cheek causing me to sit up with confusion.

"What on earth-"

"Get your fat arse up, Terra. We are going to celebrate. You're 16!"

"It's a school day, Ambretta." I groaned while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I whipped my head to look at the calendar and surely enough, today was the 5th of September. "How did you even find out it's my birthday today?"