chapter 11

"Alright, ready? On three we're going to run through this brick wall."

"Mom, I don't want to. What if it doesn't work and I hurt myself?"

"Terr, trust me. Only wizards and witches can do this. See? Look at them, watch them do it." She pointed her finger at the dark haired girl standing in front of her parents, next to me. The girl took a few steps back then drove her trolley straight into the wall, disappearing within seconds. My mouth fell open in surprise. "Okay. Ready?" My mother asked. I nodded with hesitation. "1...2...3!" I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a wail as we ran through the wall together and made it through safely without so much as a scratch.

"Wow..." I whispered,  feeling fascinated by the magic. My mother smiled while stroking my half up pony tail.

"Oh, you have so much to learn, darling." She kissed the top of my head then turned the corner to view the Hogwarts Express Train on platform 9 and 3/4. The train was bright red and loaded with students. A nervous smile pulled at my lips as I watched the hustle and bustle of students of all ages sorting their belongings and entering the train.

Suddenly a sense of sadness overtook me. I whirled around and threw my arms around my mother's waist, burying my face into the side of her stomach.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I mumbled while biting back the tears. She bent forward and hugged me tighter, her hair sprawling onto my face. The faint smell of my mother's favorite coconut scented Dove shampoo entered my nostrils. I breathed it in, wishing I packed myself the same exact shampoo to constantly remember her smell.

"I'll see you during Christmas break. Don't worry it'll roll around real quick. And by then, you'll already have made your very own best friends within your house."

"How am I supposed to Owl you when you're all the way in America?" I pouted. Making friends was easy, missing your first best friend wasn't.

"There's a magical postal service. I'll be sending you letters every week, so you have no choice but to write back, my love. Now get on that train before it leaves without you!" She smiled as she caressed my cheek once more and guided my shoulders towards the entrance to the train. I stepped on and instantly the train began moving. "I love you!" my mother shouted.

"I love you!" I yelled back in response. I waved to her feeling the mixed emotions of excitement and sadness kick in. Once my mom faded into the crowd of waving parents, I turned and began looking for some empty compartments on the train.

When my eyes opened it was December 1st. I could hear the wind gusting loudly from the window beside me as it sent the dead leaves up in waves. My mind clicked into place. Another beloved memory of the woman I loved. I sat up in bed and draped the curtains to the side as the sunlight poured in. I absolutely loved Saturdays. A smile pulled at my lips as I thought of the beautiful memory. Instead of feeling the intense emotion I felt before when I received my first memories, I felt utter joy and happiness at the thought of remembering my first ever experience at platform 9 and 3/4 with my mother. I remembered treating her like she was my best friend, and she was.

Speaking of intense emotions and whatnot, it was that time of the month again. Because yes, witches still do get their periods. To my annoyance, I had ended up staining my sheets, so I stripped them off, quickly changed my clothes and added new sheets to my bed.

I joined Daphne and Tracey in the Great Hall for breakfast as they chatted on about the Yule ball. My eyes scanned the half empty table of Slytherins and didn't find Malfoy and his squad anywhere. Terence also wasn't in sight. I shrugged to myself and tuned back into the conversation with Daphne and Tracey.