chapter 42

It seemed strange to be attending a wedding during such dark times. Luna Lovegood and her father had accompanied me in travel. I was barely excited nor motivated, but Hagrid urged me to go the moment I had received the invite.

"Go on you, it's just one day. You need ter relax before yeh fry yer own brain." Hagrid had said. I hadn't figured out how to sneak up the topic of Draco and my mother all summer. It wasn't easy when you had absolutely no idea where your mother was, nor could you just downright ask where Malfoy Manor was located either. If only I had some sort of visual representation. But I didn't. And instead, I practiced my apparition. After all, I was still underage and not very good.

Then on the first of August, the day of the Weasley wedding, I left the premises of Hogwarts for the first time since the beginning of 5th year and decided to attend Bill and Fleur Weasley's wedding.

It felt refreshing to actually leave the castle walls and be out in the open air, just gliding between the clouds on my broom. That was one reason why I loved Quidditch so much. It allowed me a sense of freedom, a sense of exhilaration and control. As if nothing mattered at the moment. It was just me and my broom. Me and the sport.

"You look absolutely lovely." said Luna as we entered the Weasley tent. I grinned in thanks and complimented Luna in return. A quick trip to Hogsmeade did the trick. I thought, if I had the money, why not use it? Who knows whether I was going to make it out this war alive.

"Terra, you're here." said Ginny. We exchanged hugs and for once, I felt a sense of content wash over me. I followed her around and greeted the rest of her large Weasley family as Ginny introduced me to Bill and Fleur. I remembered Fleur from the Triwizard tournament not too long ago and I hadn't known that she shared such a close relationship with the Weasley. Ginny's mother was a nice woman who made me feel quite at home despite my House. Everyone knew I was the only Slytherin in that tent.

As the dancing started, everyone surrounded the bride and groom and clapped merrily along with the music. I tapped my foot along with the music, forgetting about Draco, my mother, Voldemort and Horcruxes. With a sneaky smile, I urged Ginny to go dance with Harry then found Hermione and Ron sharing reluctant glances. I steered my way towards Hermione, deciding she look even hotter than she did at the Yule Ball.

"Go on, ask him to dance." I whispered making Hermione flinch in surprise. I chuckled at her movements as she turned her head to flash me a nervous expression.

"W-what? No I was just looking—"

"At Ron. Yes, I know. You fancy each other. What are you waiting for?" I hissed with force. I nudged her shoulder towards the flaming haired boy but we were interrupted by a familiar male.

"Hermione." Viktor Krum bowed his head in front of her making Hermione blush on the spot immediately. I mentally facepalmed, beginning to inch away from the duo. "May I have this dance?" Without a word, Hermione shyly placed her hand in Viktor's and he happily led her to the dance floor.

Ron was most thoroughly displeased. His lips bent low into a pout so I decided I would ask dance with him and meanwhile urge him to make a move on his own best friend. It was beyond me how they spent almost all of their time at Hogwarts together throughout the years yet stubbornly concealed their feelings for one another. I thought Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.

I sat myself down next to Ron as he continued to burn holes into the back Viktor Krum's head with crossed arms. Placing my elbow on the table I let a dramatic sigh escape my lips.