chapter 61

a/n:
if you're impatient and ur here to spoil it for yourself—id strongly recommend for you NOT to (unless u dont plan on reading this book LMFAO) but whatever floats ur boat

and if you're here bc u genuinely read all the chapters come here lemme give you a kith🥰

................

"Happy birthday." I smiled down at the boy who had finally woken.

"Huh? Oh, I'd forgotten about that." He chuckled while sitting up. I pecked his cheek and forced a smile to my lips. He looked dreamy and soft. I wanted to kiss him all over.

"I could never forget. Do you want to see your present?"

"How did you manage to get me a present?" Draco murmured while rubbing his eye tiredly. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I asked Lupin for some help. It's nothing, really," I said as I hung myself off the bed and reached for a black bag I had kept under a Disillusionment charm. I placed it in front of us and fished out a small rectangular shaped box.

With curious eyes, Draco pulled at the ribbon and opened the cover carefully.

"A quill?"

"Not just any." Using the Levitation charm I placed it in his palm. "One that can never run out of ink. And it's got some engravings."

He twisted the gold quill in his hand and examined it closely, eyes scanning all along the edges until his expression changed.

Keep This Safe & Sound.

"It's got many other magical properties..." I murmured sheepishly. "I know it's not the best-"

"I love it."

"What?"

"I love it."

"You do?" A small smile pulled at my lips. He pulled me into his lap and grinned at me while leaning his forehead against mine.

"Of course. Thank you." He pushed his lips against mine, allowing me to fall onto the mattress. A giggle fell from my lips. He kissed me hard and full, pressing me beneath him. I felt his hand graze my throat while the other creeped up my shirt and run along my stomach. A shudder ran through me...but not in the way I wanted it to. It was the shudder of realization. I sat up quickly and pushed myself away from his embrace. He immediately frowned.

"What's wrong? Fuck...is this about me not having brushed my teeth yet? Because I swear to God-"

I stalled for a moment, collecting his words and wondering if I should agree or not.

No. It's the fact that you're child is in my stomach...

"No..." I chucked. "I just remembered, I have to go help Dromeda with breakfast. She's making your favorite."

Draco wavered for a moment but then shrugged off my hesitation.

"My favorite...is sitting here right in front of me." Draco smirked while moistening his lips. I suppressed a cough and pulled myself to my feet.

"You are very selfishly manipulative, Malfoy."

"It's a childhood thing."

It was an entire week later when I was up in the bathroom, hurling out my dinner. More midnight sickness. Tears streaked my face as I sat up and wiped my face clean with water.

I don't want to be pregnant.

When I glanced up, Draco was standing behind me, suspiciously watching me in the mirror. I flinched in surprise and swiveled around, placing a palm to my chest to calm my hammering heart.