chapter 21

song: control
by: halsey

•pssssst new character alert (;•

............

Draco

I had made a deal with the Dark Lord.

A deal that would set my father free from Azkaban but also, in turn, punish him for not receiving the prophecy from the Ministry. A deal that would provide my mother with ease, knowing that my father was okay but also stress that I was now being placed in danger. And I? I was terrified. Terrified of all the possible outcomes that could come with this deal.

One of the outcomes that terrified me the most, was death. But even death itself didn't scare me as much as the thought of losing the one girl I loved immensely. She was in my mind, she was in my dreams, she was in my heart. I ached to send her an owl, to write her even a small note at any cost, but I couldn't risk it. I couldn't risk them searching my mind.

They were all in my house, Malfoy Manor. We surrounded by a long table in the Drawing Room. Aunt Bellatrix, Peter Pettigrew, Crabbe Snr, Goyle Snr, and many other Death Eaters, prisoners who had escaped Azkaban, names I didn't care to think about. Worst of all, he was here. Weak, but here. The father of the girl I loved. The man who walked with that serpent that could swallow a man whole within minutes.

My hands that were placed on the table clasped together, shook furiously. So I lowered them and placed them in my lap. My mother reached over and silently intertwined our hands together and this simple gesture allowed me to release a breath of air in silence.

 My mother reached over and silently intertwined our hands together and this simple gesture allowed me to release a breath of air in silence

About a year ago, I thought I wanted to be a Death Eater. The Wizarding World would be purified. I didn't like Half-Bloods either, but they were more bearable. The downside was, I didn't know much about what came with being a Death Eater. For me it sounded fun.

Until I met, Terra Zatara. A girl who showed me that being the daughter of evil, didn't necessarily mean you had to become evil. But we were both raised in entirely different situations. I always wondered, had Voldemort raised Terra, would she have become a Death Eater? Would she have been his heir and reigned alongside him?

When I was face to face with evil, I realized that this wasn't what I wanted. I was stupid, but I was already too far in the process. With dueling skills, Unforgivable Curses, and Occlumency that Aunt Bellatrix was teaching me, I was stronger than many of the students in my class. Though, not stronger than Harry Potter. But at this point, I was well on my way to become a Death Eater if our next move failed. I knew this by the way Aunt Bellatrix generously gave me her time to teach me the Dark Magic that she knew. I knew because my father was beginning to lose it, and day by day my mother would cover up his own tracks and mistakes that he had left behind.