chapter 2

Before I know it, I had entered an entire castle-like school. My mouth remained hanging open as I passed the moving pictures and ghosts, actual ghosts, wandering the building—I mean castle, also known as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I trailed behind Harry, Hermione, and Ron while occasionally caressing my aching temples and gawking at the moving frames and twisting staircases.

They had all watched me with horror after I had told them my name. I asked if they knew me, since of course I didn't remember a single thing about myself. Instead, Hermione told me to keep my mouth shut and not tell a soul what my name was. I decided to not push further since these 3 kids were the only ones willing to help me at the moment. Though I couldn't help but wonder what was so terrifying about my name. Or...last name. Was there someone out there who shared the same last name as me? Could they possibly be related to me? I decided I was too afraid to bombard Harry, Ron, and Hermione with these questions.

Stepping off the train was equally as odd. The first adult I had seen was all about 7 feet tall, Hagrid was his name. The trio had introduced me to him, thoroughly explaining the situation at hand. It seems they trusted Hagrid with my safety, and listening to Hagrid's friendly manner put me a little more at ease. He had offered to let me settle in his home until Hermione had explained that I was in fact, a witch and possibly Dumbledore may offer me a spot at Hogwarts. So here I was walking behind the trio sheepishly looking down while following the large group of students. Though it was evident I stood out judging by all the uniform-like robes the students were wearing around me. I shrunk back feeling immediately out of place.

When I glanced up for a mere second and scanned my surroundings, I felt a sense that I was being watched. As much as I tried to convince myself that it was probably the people in the moving pictures or the ghosts that glided over my head, I still managed to turn around and take a look at whoever was behind me. I immediately caught the grey eyes of a boy dressed in a black and dark green robe. He was tall, taller than Harry at least, or perhaps I was just simply short. His hair was almost light enough to match the color of snow.

I watched a smirk play on his lips as he leaned over and whispered something to his friend without breaking eye contact with me. His friend chuckled then followed his gaze to look at me. The boy with light hair continued to smirk then raised his eyebrows at me. The heat rushed its way to my cheeks as I cringed to myself feeling slightly embarrassed then looked away quickly.

Nice to know, I still remember what it's like to feel embarrassed. I felt like a complete and utter idiot in this school full of magical students with British accents.

"Don't worry about Malfoy. He's rude to everyone who's not in his house." A voice chuckled from next to me. I glanced up following the sound of the voice to see a girl with bright red hair pinned to the side, smiling at me. Freckles scattered her face...like Ron. "Hello, I'm Ginny! Ginny Weasley." She held out a hand and I shook it. I opened my mouth to introduce myself then stopped as I recalled Hermione's words. Ginny noticed my expression then smiled again apologetically. "Don't worry, Harry filled me in. You lost your memory, I hope you gain it back soon. That must be so frustrating."

"Thanks," I mumbled kindly. "It's nice to meet you, though." To create more conversation I decided to ask, "Are you related to Ron?"

Ginny chuckled. "Yes, indeed. Did the red hair give it away? He's one of my older brothers. The two twins towards the front are my other brothers, Fred and George. They're quite the pranksters. I'm the youngest," she said with a roll of her eyes. For the first time, a genuine smile was planted on my lips for a few seconds then suddenly disappeared all too quickly.

I wish I remembered who my family was.

"It must be nice to have your brothers around in school."