Chapter 10B: The Destiny Islands

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

In order to understand parts of this chapter, I'm going to retcon that Ventus is a girl. She's still going to look like the female Roxas, but it's going to help the story flow better

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Fira POV*

The Destiny Islands were a rush of activity from the moment I arrived. It was the middle of the night, and I landed on a beach. The waves gently splashed against the sand, providing the night with a calm sound to back up the breeze through the palm trees.

However there was no time for me to stop and enjoy the scent of the sea breeze, as Unversed began to pop out of every shadow, behind every rock.

My keyblade appeared in my hand as if by instinct, and I began to fight. There were at least a thousand, swarming on me in an unending wave. I fired off balls of flame, sliced at the dark creatures, and healed whenever I could, but there was very little I could do.

I fought off the unversed, slicing and hacking at the strange creatures of darkness. I was beginning to fatigue, feeling my muscles get sore and my legs began to feel like stone. I was running out of magic, and found no opportunity to heal my wounds.

A large unversed slammed into me, sending me flying into a stone cliff behind me. I crashed into the stones and dropped my keyblade, as it impaled into the ground uselessly.

I fell to the ground, as the unversed began to come closer and closer. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the end.

"Stay back!" I heard someone yell, "Are you okay?!"

I looked up to see a young boy, no more than four years old. He was wielding my keyblade, which was much taller than him. He was swinging it around randomly, slashing at unversed one by one.

"Kid, get out of here!" I shouted, "It's not safe!"

"Not until I get you out of here as well!" He yelled back, "I have to help you!"

I chuckled, and weakly pushed myself up. Using the last of my magic, I healed myself up, and walked behind the boy. I grabbed the keyblade over his hands, completely encompassing his fists around the handle.

"Together, then."

I helped him swing the keyblade, slicing at unversed who dared attack us. Eventually we were down to a few unversed, and he was panting.

"Hey, are you okay, buddy?"

"I will destroy them all."

His voice sounded very dark and deep, and he took the keyblade from my hands. It was encompassed in a dark energy, and he charged at the few unversed that were left, chopping them to pieces with quick slices and jabs. It didn't take long for all the unversed to be destroyed, and the boy began to sway in place.

"I... I did... it."

He began to fall and I reached out and caught him in my arms. The keyblade disappeared, and reappeared in my hand. I carried the boy over to a tree, and leaned him against it. After a few minutes, he began to wake up.

"Who... who are you?" He asked.

I giggled a bit, "My name is Fira, what's yours?"

"My name... is Y/n," He said, "Want... to be... friends?"

I smiled at his kindness, and grabbed his hand, "I feel like we'll be much more in the future."

He closed his eyes, a gentle smile on his lips. I brushed a bit of hair out of his eyes, before picking him up and putting him on my back piggy-back style. I looked around for any sign of the Unversed, but it seemed like the boy's power had scared them off.

"But... where did that power come from?"

I looked at the peacefully sleeping boy once more, resolving myself to training him once I became a Keyblade Master.

"For now though...Let's get you home."

I pushed him back up onto my back and continued walking, careful to follow the path of the beach and not stray too far in case any of the Unversed got an idea. It would take a while to get to the other side of the island, even with how small it was, but I was in for the long haul at this point.

"Sora...Riku...Kairi..." I heard him mumbled in his sleep.

"Heehee," I giggled, "So he's already got three girlfriends? Guess you can't keep 'em off you. Lucky you're cute."

Somehow, just being around this young boy seemed to relax me a bit. He was calming, and it was nice to look at his cute sleeping face every once in a while.

"Alright buddy, I've gotta put you down for a second," I said, gently putting the sleeping boy on the sand, "You're killing my shoulders."

I made sure he was comfortable and then stretched my shoulders a bit, shaking my hands looses, flexing my legs, and reaching down to touch my toes.

"Okay, feeling better now! Let's get...you...back...home?"

I trailed off, my attention being taken by a dark figure standing beside a nearby tree. I stepped across the sand towards the figure, seeing bright golden eyes shining in the darkness.

"My master told me you'd be here tonight," A female voice said, "Told me that you are one of the strongest keyblade wielders ever. If I beat you, then there'd be no one to hold me back."

"Who are you?" I asked, "Why have you come here?"

"You may call me Vanitas," Her voice came, as she walked out from behind the tree, "As for why I've come here

"You may call me Vanitas," Her voice came, as she walked out from behind the tree, "As for why I've come here..."

She motioned her keyblade towards Y/n, who was still asleep.

"My master sees incredible power within him, something not seen since the Keyblade War."

"Too bad for you then," I said, holding my keyblade out in front of me, "This is my student now, and to get to him you'll have to go through me."

"Oh goody," She said, pulling on a helmet, "That was the plan to start with. Glad you've saved me the time."